Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

High capacity baseboard

Options
S Ebels_2
S Ebels_2 Member Posts: 74
What brand of high capacity BB do you like? I'm working with a customer who wants to be able to run lower water temps (condensing most of the time) but they have limited space for baseboard and only 10" under the windows in the two rooms in question. What brand gives the highest output in residential style BB? I can use 3/4" or go up to 1". Panel rads are not an option.

Comments

• Jed_2
    Jed_2 Member Posts: 781
    Options
    Steve, try this out

Emerson Swan Rep just showed this to me Friday.

Jed

http://www.smithsenvironmental.com/heatingedge-brochure.pdf
  • Jim_64
    Jim_64 Member Posts: 253
    Options
    HO baseboard

Steve i have done what you are talking about and i used slant fin 80 3/4 copper with a mod con at design about 5 the system runs at about 160 max ,i had the ors set lower except HO's wife complained so i turned the temp up a bit the only thing i would have done different is made it a home run system so the temp drop across each would n't efect the over all temp drop ,it seems i have found out that at lower temps that temp drop across each element can really effect those last baseboard output at least with a home run system they all see the same supply temp.I had the same set up at my home except i changed it all out and installed a home run system with buderus panel rads now my max is about 130 at 5 outside but i'm usually floating about 120 my eff numbers are about 94 to 97 depending on the water temp ,ps lower water temps rule peace and good lucl clammy
  • Bob Gagnon plumbing and heating
    Options
    Argo

Makes great high output baseboard. it is about 10" high and 4" thick, I think it's about 30% more output. It is heavy duty, the covers are real THICK.

Thanks, Bob Gagnon

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    High Capacity Baseboard

I have 80ft of Weil Mclain High Trim baseboard on each floor , which is zoned as 2 zones. The Boiler is a Weil Mclain Ultra 105. My heatloss is 48Kbtu's, I dropped the boiler down to 45Kbtu's with a max water temp 142 degs and set the outdoor reset temp at 18 degs. Last week when it was 2 to 4 degrees the boiler was running constant circulation. The house was comfortable maintaining 70 degs no problem. My condensate pump was running alot, which is a good thing!
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    da best

Use Spirotherm element and build an enclosure the taller the better brought to you buy the spirotherm vent folks this element ROCKS!!!! believe it or not the 1/2" puts out more than the 3/4. enclosure is only up to your imagination
  • Steven Gronski
    Steven Gronski Member Posts: 98
    Options
    I found the best to be

Haydon Supr-Heat 1000. It gives you the most Btus for lowest water temps.I just did an old farm house that use to be oil steam heat with it. Single pane glass windows with storms on them, blown cellulose in the walls. I designed itbased on 150 degree water for a zero day, to maintain 68 degrees. I am using a propane Triangle Tube Prestige Solo 175 set up on constant circulation for it and the home owner loves the heat. The boiler condenses well also. Here is a link to Haydon http://www.2haydon.com/baseboard.html

Steven Gronski

Gronski Plumbing and Heating

Cranston RI
  • Xc8p2dC
    Xc8p2dC Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Ultra low

Running standard 3/4finetube, about 20-25% over radiated. Currently have my Ultra80G, running ODR at 17,500mbh input, running 132° water, @ 15° OST and keeps the 1325sqft/3bed/2bth 2 zone ranch @ 72°+/- inside temps

As a matter or fact, can't go lower without cycling
This discussion has been closed.