Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

combustion analyzer

Options
Mark Custis
Mark Custis Member Posts: 539
UEI C-75 until it jumped off a boiler last week.

I think if it is not repairable, I will get with Rudy.

Comments

• Frank_62
    Frank_62 Member Posts: 16
    Options
    combustion analyzer

I want to add a digital combustion analyzer to my equiptment. I have used a manual bacharach for years with good sucess but the digital seems to be more accurate so my search has been narrowed to testo or bacharach any comments one way or the other would be appreciated, I realize both are good thanks
  • Darrell_7
    Darrell_7 Member Posts: 35
    Options

I have one of each. the PCA 125 is cool because it gives all the info on one screen and it's easy to see how the numbers relate as you make changes. The testo seems to be a bt tougher and less fussy about the cold truck. The numbers on its screen are bigger and easier to read in a dark boiler room but you have to flip from screen to screen to see all of them. If I had to buy a third I'd probably get another Testo.
  • Ricopp
    Ricopp Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Testo

6 months ago I was able to buy a brand new Testo 327/330 kit (for $450.00 Cando), and although I've used it only 3 times since, it seems to offer everything I need without having to be a rocket scientist. As part of the kit the wireless printer works very well also.
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Options
    ditto

I have the Testo 330-1. Love it. I think the screen will display up to 8 parameters. Best money I ever spent.

I also like the wireless printer. It cannot be edited. I print out a copy and staple it to each service report that the customer keeps and files, I put a copy with the boiler manuals in the boiler room, and I keep a copy for myself.

Jim Bergmann(sp?) is the Testo guy. One smart dude, who I can't keep up with when he 'splains stuff to me. I have to tell him to slow down. (I hope to see him with Testo at AHR this week)

All the Testo people have been great to deal with through the years.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    Options
    Wohler

Frank, I purchased a Wohler kit. It responds rapidly to changes. It is the best one that I have ever used. I traded it for a TPI which I did not care for. The reason I went with the Wohler unit is that they are serviced in Mass, and they guarantee a 24 hour turnaround should you have a need. I remember a while back there was a thread on turnaround times on calibrating. I would certainly ask those questions of whichever manufacturer you go with. I know that TPI was almost three weeks from when you sent it out, and Bacharac was two weeks. Can you be without yours for that long.
This discussion has been closed.