Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

cad symbols

Big Will
Big Will Member Posts: 395
they are all over the net but finding specific to the hydronic and forced air trade is difficult.

Comments

• Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    What Software format are you looking for?

Visio, AutoCAD, Other?

• Big Will
    Big Will Member Posts: 395

I am using the turbo cad program. I think this will jive with auto cad and other like programs.
  • geno54
    geno54 Member Posts: 43

A couple of tips for ya
    1 I have found that using basic symbols such as lines, squares rectangles, circles etc. to create your own can sometimes be faster than finding the ones you want.
    2 You can copy a symbol from a PDF file into your cad program and recreate (trace it) it to your needs or just leave it as is and work from that.
    I use Visio and have a collection of stencils for that. Don't know if they import to TurboCad
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    Will - Geno has a good idea here

I am not as familiar with TurboCad as with AutoCAD, but with AutoCAD you can create your own devices, and save them as "Blocks" (mini drawings comprised of any number of elements but recognized as one object).

We make these routinely for inserting chillers, pumps and diagram symbols all of the time. Perhaps TurboCad as a similar protocol?

The so-called universal file is a .dwg or .dxf file (drawing or drawing transfer file respectively). If TurboCad supports these formats, there are numerous third party symbol CD's available from various sources.
  • geno54
    geno54 Member Posts: 43

Anything specific your looking for?
This discussion has been closed.