Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Base Hit II

NRTDave
NRTDave Member Posts: 48
I am looking for feedback on a particular product in a radiant slab application with Pex tubing. The product is Base Hit II manufactured by Hercules. I received a call from a colleague who was performing routine boiler service on a hydronic heating system including radiant heating in the basement slab. The building owner mentioned to the technician that the installers experienced some leaks in the tubing which became apparent after the concrete pour when the system became first operational. To fix the leaks, the installers used the product mentioned prior. The building owner started querying the technician about usage of the product for permanent leak repair. Evidently, the product did stop the leaks as could be determined by floor surface observation. The technician was not familiar with the product and called upon me for any information. Without any knowledge of the product myself, I look for feedback from The Wall. I have heard of Hercules but have never used any of their products in the past. I have attached information on the product for reference. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Comments

• NRTDave
    NRTDave Member Posts: 48

Oops! I forgot the attachments.

Sorry about that! I am a bit nervous posting on The Wall for the first time.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Welcome Dave...

Base Hit II is some pretty heavy stuff. It has a tendency to settle out in places where you don't want it to, like zone valves, bottoms of boilers, and lower tubes in RFH systems, and pretty much wherever there is lazy water. It sets up like cement.

There are no quick/easy fixes for leaking PEX tube in concrete, but the leaks can be found using any one (or possibly numerous) off shelf technologies, like infrared, doppler, ultrasonic, cats, wet mops and more.

THe longer the BH2 stays in, the more things get plugged up.

Say hey to Rob.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.