Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

check out these truck paint jobs!

hot_rod
hot_rod Member Posts: 22,833
I've seen buildings painted in this "fool the eye" style in many cities.

hr
Bob "hot rod" Rohr
trainer for Caleffi NA
Living the hydronic dream

Comments

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Germany??

Germany ,that's amassing that the German police/TUV allows this! As they used to have problems even with certain Paint colors on vehicles that could distract a driver ..Petty cool Advertising.
  • rene_4
    rene_4 Member Posts: 27

Come on guys. You didn't really get sucked into believing they are real did you? They are computer generated. Take a look at the tree at the top of the trailer. Also, look at the cab and frame/wheels of the trailer, the brick wall in front of the cab and the wall behind the trailer. Everything is the same except for the painting. You guys are easy. Anyone want to buy a piece of waterfront property I have in Florida?

Rene
  • Derheatmeister

Were at in Fla? The keys?
  • Perry_5
    Perry_5 Member Posts: 141
    Fakes... and for reaons that Rene did not spot

These are clear fakes:

The back of trucks have doors with hinges, and locking devices. The sides of trucks are riveted panels. There is no sign of any of these things.

Years ago I put floors in semi's at Stoughton Trailer (a very hard physically demanding job). Some very interesting paint jobs and graphics went on those trucks. But you could always see the hinges, door latches, fold and rivet lines, etc.

Not only are these fakes - they are extremely poor fakes.

Perry
  • Derheatmeister
    Marketing Tools

Just the lighting will tell you that these are Markups for a Marketing tools.

That does not mean that they did not actually do this for real!

I used to see a lot of this in New York/Jersey when i was working in the Photo industry

Hot Rod may be able to clarify were these "Marketing Tools" came from and if they are up and running on the German Autobahn!

Well if they are i may see them for my self in March.. Richard
  • S Ebels_2
    S Ebels_2 Member Posts: 74
    Could be photoshopped but

One of the Do-It Best truck drivers that come to the family hardware store told me he got pulled over because the officer thought his roll up door was half way open. The back of the truck is painted to look that way. It's pretty convincing unless you look at it really close.
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    Thank You Perry

for pointing that out. We foolish contractors might have been fooled again. Keep up the good work.

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Wayne_29
    Wayne_29 Member Posts: 50
    Perry

Perry you are such a SILLY ****!

Date: January 10, 2009 01:36 PM
    Author: Perry
    Subject: Fakes... and for reaons that Rene did not spot

These are clear fakes:

The back of trucks have doors with hinges, and locking devices. The sides of trucks are riveted panels. There is no sign of any of these things.

Years ago I put floors in semi's at Stoughton Trailer (a very hard physically demanding job). Some very interesting paint jobs and graphics went on those trucks. But you could always see the hinges, door latches, fold and rivet lines, etc.

Not only are these fakes - they are extremely poor fakes.

Perry

Wrong answer again dildo!
  • Fakes????

Hey guys,

Enough about the fakes already.

Now for the really important stuff,

Rene,

Where is that water front property in Florida that is for sale,,,, sounds great to me,,,, ;)

Ed Carey
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,585
    The rest of the story

Snopes
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.