Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Burnham steam

Bob Forand
Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
My buddy and I have replaced two steam boilers with the Burnham Mega Steam boiler, in the last 3 days. On both boilers it seems as though the casting where you thread the nipples into the block are not straight. When you thread the 2" nipple out of the boiler, both the front and back are angled. We used 18" nipples and they were off from top to bottom a little more than 1/4" each. Not easy to try to bend a 2" nipple. Has anyone else experienced this ? Is this intentional for some reason ? We spent well over 4 hours trying to get the right combination to line them up with the header.

Comments

• Steamhead (in transit)
    Steamhead (in transit) Member Posts: 6,688
    I noticed that

on one we did. But we used a drop header so it wasn't a big deal- the second swing joint let us adjust for it.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Bob Forand
    Bob Forand Member Posts: 305
    We were lucky

We lucked out on the first because we used a drop header as well, bit it was still noticeable in the piping. I didn't like it at all. But on the second one, well, not so lucky. The job started at 8am yesterday and we worked straight through the day and night and morning to 1:30 am. The piping was so frustrating....
  • JackR
    JackR Member Posts: 125
    Been there, done that......

Seems from time to time the tappings are a little crooked on all the Mfg's, I've switched to using dropped headers on all of my insttalls which takes it out f the equation. I'm a much happier man when piping them!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.