Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Preventing Pipe Freeze

you should do some research and get good advice from Noble Company or Rhomar Water...

Issues of system cleanliness, metals which make up the system, the right concentration, your pumping capacities, etc. all have to be taken into account.

Comments

• gman_5
    gman_5 Member Posts: 14
    Heating Zone Freeze Up prevention

Hi Gents,

I own a hi ranch. I have a problem with the upper zone freezing up when it gets into the single digits.

I have insulated the pipes but it just seems those 3 or 4 days a year are a problem.

In order to save money, the lady that rents upstairs shuts down her heat when she goes out to 60.

I was thinking on those really cold days to open her zone valve to automatic in order to have the flow of hot water run continuosly thru the pipe.

Could this be the solution to my problem?? Suggestions??
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

boiler antifreeze
  • gman_5

I didn't know such a thing existed. Thank you.
  • gman_5

I only have 1 zone freezing up and it has an isolation valve on it. What's the best way to put this into the system???

Thanks.
  • Brad White_191
    Brad White_191 Member Posts: 252
    Unless

you isolate that zone with a heat exchanger, separate pump and expansion tank and relief valve, prepare to treat your entire system. This will also reduce your system's output by between 5 and 10 percent depending on concentration.
  • Drew_2
    Drew_2 Member Posts: 158
    Antifreeze ?

GMAN
    Give me a call if you have questions about antifreeze.
    Drew/Noble Company
  • gman_5

thank you.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,932
    Most of the freeze ups......

.....are from dumb run pipe work. Pipes run though out side walls , behind fireplaces, though crawl and uncondition space and across outside vents.... Do it right do it once...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.