Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Tekmar 360 operation?

Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
Yes that sounds like a problem with the control. I just ran into a Tekmar 360 this weekend that did the same thing(4 years old).

I did NOT install this system so i do not know how the wires were routed ...Please let us know what you find. Thanks Richard

Comments

• devo
    devo Member Posts: 20
    Tekmar 360 operation

Hello everyone! I have a Tekmar 360 control operating my system, I was curious if anyone knows of any programming errors in this unit. The unit will operate in either outdoor reset or setpoint mode great and the boiler will be operating, with several zones calling for heat and for no apparent reason the unit will quit showing a call for heat ( on the display only) and shut the boiler down for several minutes. It then may try to fire the boiler for 3-5 seconds, approx, 2-3 times and then terminates call for heat. Then after several minutes the unit will send a call for heat and the boiler operates as normal for approx 15-20 minutes and then the same happens. Any and all information would be appreciated!
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573

This may be Electro Magnetic interference...

If the Installer ran the wires from a sensor or a switch parallel with "High Voltage" 110V or even worst 220V (because he was to lazy to punch his own holes), then you can get interference , it is kinda like a Ghost in the Control and can be a real PITA. Hope this helps..
  • devo
    devo Member Posts: 20
    tekma 360 response

Thanks for your input derheatmeiser! The control ran yesterday morning for approx. 2 hours with 3 zones calling for heat and the unit quit sending a signal for boiler to fire, for no apparent reason. After several minutes, the heat demand signal, from the tekmar 360, reactivated and sent a boiler fire signal and the unit continued to operate, flawlessly for approx 2-3 hours and then the unit quit calling for heat, even though 3 zones still had a heat demand. The unit had no boiler signal for 2-3 minutes and then fired the boiler and ran until I left the building! I have a 24vac external demand signal telling the 360 of a heat demand. The 360 shuts off the burner icon , on the LCD screen, whenever the problem occurs. The system has been operational for 7-8 years and all of the wiring is very neatly run with the sensor cables run independently of power wiring. I am curious if tekmar had any type of programming errors with this unit. Sometimes , when witnessing the operation, the unit seems to do some very crazy things, won't open the 3 way valve, shuts off boiler ( either setpoint mode or outdoor reset), etc. These events are only very occasional. They never happen all of the time!
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    call Tekmar support, they are great. They will help you through

this in no time. They are in Surrey BC. Good luck
  • sootmonkey
    sootmonkey Member Posts: 158
    Bad secsor

I am betting that you have a bad sensor.
  • Jay_14
    Jay_14 Member Posts: 39

Recommend talking to the tekmar factory. 250-545-7749.

Jay
This discussion has been closed.