Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

I'm Home! - Alan R. Mercurio

Great to hear you are doing so much better!

Comments

• Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624

Hello my friends, I’m home at last actually I have been home for a couple days now. Getting around is still a little slow for me. The surgery went well. I did have a little bump in the road this past weekend. My bowel was not waking. That’s the way it was described to me and my upper torso became inflated (I looked like a Macy’s Day Float) they came close to having to insert a tube through my nose and down my throat, Yuck!

The morphine was taking care of the pain but it was making me very sick to the point where I was vomiting who knows what? I had not eaten or drank in days.

Being the wimp that I am the very thought of that tube scared the bajeebers out of me. So I begged the surgeon to just give me one more day for the bowel to wake and remove the gas naturally. Since I could not sleep because of the discomfort I got out of bed about every 2 hrs and walked. they said this should help wake the bowel. I also prayed very hard and had many conversations with the lord throughout the night. I never thought I’d be praying for a fart LOL but by the grace of God 24hrs later I did pass gas. Within a short time from that my upper torso started to go back to normal and the vomiting stopped. I was put on liquids and as of Tuesday solid food, and all the stuff that was connected to me was removed medication was now being taken orally I actually slept in 4 hr increments and now I get almost full nights sleep. I was released Wednesday Afternoon and just a couple hours after I was brought home Toni pulled in the drive way. I’m so proud of my daughter. Toni’s planning on spending the next couple weeks with me while I recover. Just having her here makes me feel better already. :)

I won’t be online much over the next couple weeks but I will stop by as often as possible.

As always I thank you all for your friendship and support.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• David Nadle
    David Nadle Member Posts: 624
    The tube

Glad to hear you're home and on the mend. I had that tube in the nose thing once, and while it's uncomfortable and can make your throat sore, it's not that painful and you do get used to it. So fear not, but I hope you never need it.
  • GREG LAUER
    GREG LAUER Member Posts: 103
    so glad

so glad to hear you are doing well. greg lauer
  • Jim Bennett
    Jim Bennett Member Posts: 607
    Good News.....

Thanks for the update Alan. We've been thinking of you.

Stay Strong,

Jim

• Megan_3
    Megan_3 Member Posts: 11

It is always nice to hear good news. I hope you enjoy the time with your daugther too.
  • Good to hear!

I had the bowel issue after, uh, I think it was the appendectomy. I couldn't go home until I,,,

What boggled me after the fact was, they were giving me Demerol, coincidentally known as "form-a-cork", yet the hospital diet had absolutely no fiber in it. I thought doctors were supposed to be smart?

Hurry up and get better the rest of the way! :)

m
  • Larry (from OSHA)
    Larry (from OSHA) Member Posts: 723
    glad you are home

Alan,

Feel better, try to take it easy and don't over do it. Maybe some chicken soup would be good.

Take care,

Larry
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,405
    You BETTER call if you need something

I'll jump on the Taconic!!! Your friend in the field, Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,833
    thanks

for the update, plenty of info :) glad you are on the mend.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • lee_7
    lee_7 Member Posts: 457

Good to hear things are getting better. Hope the final leg is a quick one and you are back in full swing soon.

Lee
  • Wayne_29
    Wayne_29 Member Posts: 50
    Instead of \"excuse me\"

Alan you better scream "LOOK OUT"
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Fartmeister

Glad to hear that you are going to kick this in the Butt

Sometimes it is the "little" things in life that we take for granted (Like farting).

If i have a "bad" day i allways think that i can be worse off!The best way too see it is that the Glass is Half FULL
    and fill it Up!!

Wishing you well! Richard
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Rest easy my friend....

Anesthesia, although a wonderful thing,is HARD on a persons body...

ME

• Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Good new travels fast

Well, do what the doctors tell you to do, and heal soon.

Mark
  • Rudy
    Rudy Member Posts: 482
    Great news!!

Glad to hear you are home and with Toni.

Take care of yourself.
  • best

wishes for a hearty farty recovery! Great to hear your recovery is progressing & we'll be sending our thoughts & prayers your way.
  • John R. Hall
    John R. Hall Member Posts: 2,245
    Alan

See, there is still hope for old 'farts' like us. Actually, this story levitates farting into a welcome art form.

Glad you are mending, my friend. The power of God is awesome isn' it?
  • Joannie_15
    Joannie_15 Member Posts: 115
    Welcome Home, Alan!

Good to hear that you're on the mend. There's nothing like coming home, and having family there, to lift your spirits! Take care of yourself, and do what the doctors say!
  • Bob Harper
    Bob Harper Member Posts: 1,071

Allan, thank God he has blessed us with your return! This industry sorely needs you my friend so take your time and heal well.
    FYI, all opiates wipe out the bowel, esp. MSO4 so follow your MDs instructions to the letter and keep them posted if things don't happen down there. You don't want an ileus.
    Best wishes,
    Bob
  • Jim Erhardt_3
    Jim Erhardt_3 Member Posts: 80
    :-)

Good news my friend, now get down that road of recovery as fast as you can!
  • Rick_89
    Rick_89 Member Posts: 15
    Let's face it

Alan needed to freaking FART! Mission accomplished, let's plug our noses and go to bed. Just not together.
  • Alan R. Mercurio_3
    Alan R. Mercurio_3 Member Posts: 1,624

Thank you all for your kind words, continued thoughts and prayers. Sorry to keep this short but I’m still not able to spend long periods of time sitting at my desk.

Your friend in the industry,
    Alan R. Mercurio

This discussion has been closed.