Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Give me a Circulator..that can... HM

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
Great idea,

Rich. I will remind you that when I went to ISH in'93, the Grundfos folks were showing off the Alpha pump with remote control programming. The chief engineer said "America is too small a hydronics market to export this pump." 14 years later, Wilo started exporting a "smart" residential pump. Grundfos has exported the larger models, but not the residential-sized circs.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Give me a Circulator..that can... HM

Give me a circulator that will Modulate a boiler!

( Like the Viessmann 100, or any boiler that will take a 0V-10V signal)

Base it on:

Delta T

Delta P

Maybe put an Outdoor/ Indoor feedback on it

PID

Make it easy to change/service/work on

Give the Customer/Installer a exchange Programme i.e:On a yearly annual service call the Tech exchanges the circ for a very "GREEN" factory Recycled/Rebuild/Reserviced unit Regardless if it is working or not!

Let me have a simple windows based Interface that will not only Alarm me if something goes wrong but will also let me see all the data like: Amp draws;Supply temps; Return temps Running hr;Trending/Data logging;Power consumption and with an access code gain access to different levels of control capabilities i.e. Costumer access for programming setbacks of Occupied/Unoccupied modes; E-mails on system status.Reminders for Maintainace...

Most "New" Circ's are taking a 0V - 10V signal !

How about reversing this?

Or is this not Practical? maybe some other control like "Tekmar" or "Iworx"?

But from a annual service standpoint i think a Circulating pump can open very "Green" and beneficial service industry

Along with the Biers and Brats just one more thing that i will hopefully see at the ISH! Richard.
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    We are Ready. Unleash the Best!

Hey Paul,

Yes Wilo is petty good The Alpha is not bad but i think "They" are capable of more on the residential side or they did not Unleash the Best yet! Or was this just a Wethead Dream?
This discussion has been closed.