Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Worst Day of My Life - Please Help

Mitch_6
Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
typically by mfg instructions everything that got wet should be changed

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=388&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Daniel Cayea
    Daniel Cayea Member Posts: 17
    Worst Day of My Life - Question

Today is, in recent memory, the worst day of my life. I had a pipe break over my boiler today, soaked everything. Somehow, I'm assuming there was a short in one of the controls that kept calling for water even though the boiler had enough. I had to turn it off. Could not get the original installer to come and look at it, even though only 4 years old. Took me all day to find somebody to come and fix it, and it really is not fixed. All he did was bypass the water feeder enough for me to warm my house back up and won't be back until tomorrow.

On the front there is transformer that has the pressuretrol, thermostat, burner, low water cut off and water feeder connected to it. I'd like to know what it is, and considering it looks like it took the brunt of the water coming down from overhead, is it possible that is what made my boiler a huge paperweight that is leaving me cold?

Thanks,
    Dan
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,405
    Dan, first of all TRY TO CALM DOWN

May THIS!@!!! be the worst day of your life...you'll be a VERY lucky chap. Most line voltage components on the boiler can survive getting wet...once they dry out. Any circuit boards can be ruined..but not always. You need to get a licensed electrician or good heating compant out there to assess things...YOU should not be playing with any of it. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • jim s_2
    jim s_2 Member Posts: 114
    Please!

Take a walk through the childrens ward at a nearby hospital and tell those parents what a terrible day you`re having.
  • Daniel Cayea
    Daniel Cayea Member Posts: 17
    Burned up HydroLevel

All in all, it ended up being a burned up HydroLevel Low Water Cutoff. All is well now. Thanks for letting me rant.
This discussion has been closed.