Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

mixing valve

The TT 110 is wired and pre-piped to work in conjunction with the indirect tank, internally. That is fine, I am just looking for the best way to pipe-in the mixing valve so I can get the most from this boiler.

Comments

• Eileen Olive
    Eileen Olive Member Posts: 99
    Mixing valve

I am installing a new 40-gal indirect HW tank into my basement, TT 110, no p/s piping, CI rads, ODR and I would like to get the most out of this combo. I have been told that using a mixing valve is the way to go. What would be my best choice for the valve, and what would be the best way to pipe it in? Four people, one bathroom, 2 sinks.
  • Brad White_191
    Brad White_191 Member Posts: 252
    Taco 5000 Series

Check these out including their application guidelines at taco-hvac.com. They have piping diagrams for different setups.

These are not, to my knowledge, scald protection (I do not believe that they respond so quickly as to qualify), but that is what Symmons shower valves are for :)

Now, as an aside, I like to set up mixing valves to temper the domestic hot water to the fixtures, but also to run a full-temperature line expressly to the dishwasher and laundry (where there is minimal scald hazard and where hotter water might be appreciated).

My default tank setting is 140F for Legionella control and 120 to the fixtures. Your settings may vary.
  • Eileen Olive
    Thank You

I like your logic. I will look into this via my supply house. Thanks for the advice concerning the laundry/dish washer, I had not pondered that, but I do like it.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Quick Question

Are you using a Zone Control with Priority for your zones?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Eileen Olive
    No zones

There are no zones, just the indirect HW tank.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Sorry But

that makes no sense. An indirect tank is using the boiler to supply it's hot water threw the coil. Has to be zoned off the boiler.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.