Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Solution for noisy power venter?

Mark Custis
Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
I am a bit hard of hearing due to too many power venters over the years.

I am sure it was not all the rock and roll concerts.

Comments

• Steve_168
    Steve_168 Member Posts: 39
    Solution for noisy power venter?

I just had a W-M EG-55 steam boiler installed. We used a Tjernlund power venter out the foundation wall, since the old chimney was too narrow to fit a new flue liner. Unfortunately, the power venter is extremely loud. I have a very large house, and I can hear the thing in my upstairs bedroom with my door closed. The other day a visitor hear the thing running and asked me if someone was using a gas generator, so it is quite loud.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    they

tend to be noisy, no getting away from it. No free ride here. A chimney would solve the noise issue.
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

if the motor is more than 5 years old it may be needing a motor, or there may be something inside of it
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Sheet Lead

I learned this trick from an old-timer...take a small piece of sheet lead, (1/8" or 1/16" thick) maybe a 1/2" x 2" piece, and crimp it on to the housing. It will absorb some of the sound. I've also used lead fishing sinker strips. This presumes the motor is sound and has been lubricated, and the blower wheel has been cleaned.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.