Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Knight Install with Indirect by Matt J

This is the Boss' sons house that is just finishing up. I helped MJ on the tubing install but everything else was done by Matt. Very nice work dude.

This house has 6 zones of infloor powered by a Knight WBN80 which also feeds an 80-gallon Squire indirect. The water to water geo will take care of all the cooling responsibilities.

Regards,

PR

Comments

• Darin Cook_8
    Darin Cook_8 Member Posts: 31
    Beautiful !!

Matt is a top notch craftsman! You guys have really produced some excellent mechanical work over the years. It does the heart good to know you guys are out there !!!!!

Darin
  • k
    k Member Posts: 38
    Craftsmanship

A work of art !! As well as my favorite modulating condensing boiler-nice job
  • Wayne_29
    Wayne_29 Member Posts: 50
    That should be

In the Knight installation manual. Beautiful...
  • hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,833
    as nice as it gets

award winning material :0)

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • gerry gill
    gerry gill Member Posts: 3,078
    gwgillplumbingandheating.com
    Serving Cleveland's eastern suburbs from Cleveland Heights down to Cuyahoga Falls.

• Pj_5
    Pj_5 Member Posts: 6
    Matts install

Curious about the water to water heat pump install intergration with the mod/con. Piping and control strategy details?
  • Paul Rohrs_7
    Paul Rohrs_7 Member Posts: 173
    Water to Water Geo is stand alone

Closed loop hydronic is totally separate from the closed loop geo. Owners an HVAC guy and wanted it that way. I would like to have used one of the HBX CPU1000 controls that integrates all of the above. Another job perhaps.

(Air-handler was around the corner and not pictured.)

Paul
  • Pj_5
    Pj_5 Member Posts: 6
    Beautiful piping

Paul, thanks, not familiar with that control. Have you used it before in a w/w mod/con or w/w cast iron boiler install?

thanks
  • CC.Rob_13
    CC.Rob_13 Member Posts: 7
    question

That's gorgeous. Really nice layout. The geo stuff looks awesome.

Question:

Where I live, we have some of the highest electric rates in the country ($0.20/kWh). Running 6 zone circulators 18/hrs a day for a heating season would cost about $425.

Do alternatives exist that would provide similar comfort and performance without the pumping price tag?
  • Wayne_29
    Wayne_29 Member Posts: 50
    I agree

Wouldn't a WILO Eco pump with zone valves cut down on the electric cost? It's a beautiful system that allows you to dial in your Delta T. Just a thought, but man o man it's a sweeeeeet install!!!!!!
  • Jim Hilpipre
    Jim Hilpipre Member Posts: 19
    great job!

Wow, the pressure is on at your shop! I think Matt may need to be on the "podium" next year!

What would JB think about that funny colored circulator?

Thanks for sharing Paul!

Jim Hilpipre
  • bobbyg_16
    bobbyg_16 Member Posts: 11

sweet. great job to all involved!
    Keep that bar up there for everyone else to shoot for...
  • Stirling Boston
    Stirling Boston Member Posts: 33
    Congratulations Matt!

Matt was actually chosen as this months winner in the Lochinvar VIP Contractor Installation Showcase for this job!

Our judges were very impressed with his attention to detail!

http://www.knightheatingboiler.com/knight/contractor/Contest08.aspx?mode=month&monthID=1&yearID=2009

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Grrrreat job, neat, clean and very proffesional. My hat is off

to you.
  • Matt J._2
    Matt J._2 Member Posts: 10
    Thank you....

Paul needs to be remind from time to time that there is no I in the word team.......he contributed to this job just like he does in all of them....
    Even though sometimes I tell him to go set in the truck....LOL
    Many thanks to all for the kind words....they mean more then you will ever know.....

Matt J. Biggerstaff Radiant Solutions
This discussion has been closed.