Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Rough night last night...

I've been waiting for the go ahead from the town to pour that floor. The tube's been down for over a month, insultarp underneath 6" wire mesh all shot to the existing concrete, tube tied to the mesh. So last night at 8 pm I noticed the message light blinking on the phone machine and foolishly enough I played the message. It's the inspector. First he covers a couple things I know are good and then he says, "and I want you to put down additional insulation two feet around the perimeter because your heat loss will be substantial there." Now mind you, he's already been there a month ago and looked it over, we've just been waiting on red tape over the dimensions on the handicapped accesibility issues. So now I think he wants me to pull up the screen and put down more all around the perimeter. This is not good to hear at 8 pm.

I call him this morning and he says it again so I say, Well, you know I have insulation down and rolled up the wall above the level of the new concrete so the slab will not be in contact with the block wall. He says, "You do? Oh yeah, I thought you did but I wasn't sure. You're fine."

How do YOU spell relief? ;)

Comments

This discussion has been closed.