Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sump pump basin

Bob Bona_4
Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
Does anyone have a source for a sump pump basin that has a sealable, two piece lid that has a floor drain incorporated in it? Basement Systems has the perfect one called the Super Sump, and I'm coming up empty trying to find a similar product. I spoke to their rep about buying just the pump and basin, but they are not willing to sell just that; they want to do a complete drainage job. (Hmm, that NEVER happens in our trade :)) My site conditions are so challenging-ledge, stone foundation, boiler and well tank are suspended off the floor joists via unistrut (for this job), etc.,etc., that I want to tough it out myself to get it right.

Couple weeks ago I jackhammered up my basement floor to find a suitable spot to sink a sump/lower floor/ get stone under the slab/install vapor barrier/repour floor. Major ledge. Last weekend was spent with a 4" diamond grinder and my Hilti chewing out a deep enough hole (24") to accept most sump basins. It took 4 hours to gain 1.5" depth in a 16" diameter spot, pumping out water as it came in, Grr.

TIA!

Comments

• kevin_60
    kevin_60 Member Posts: 38
    sump pit

You cant look at a sewage ejecter pit it has a sealed lid I dont know about 2 piece. For a floor drain you can install one next to pit and pipe into pit tapping.
This discussion has been closed.