Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

low temp cieling pipe rads

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,143
i guess no one has seen or worked on pipe rads in commerical building ?i know there usually used for steam 2 pipe sysytems but i have seen them used in a few 50 and 60's built commerical building using hot water .I really was wondering about btu out put of steel pipe at low temps 100 to 130 water temp and what could be used to fiqure there output rating and feeling on if this would be a effective way to heat a semi commerical space ?thanks clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• clammy
    clammy Member Posts: 3,143
    low temp cieling with pipe rads

Wondering if any one has tryed using old stlye pipe rads for a low temp cieling radaint ceiling by constructing a pipe rad and installing it exposed on a cieling it could be controlled by a room stat or a trv mounted on it's supply ,this idea had came to me after looking at a poorly designed hot air radiant system which under ground 4 by 4 clay tiles have started to colapse and of course the large fuel usuage and very slow responce .Being the space is of slab construction and block walls with a flat finished wood cieling really limits placement of panel rads and or pipe to raditors.The only real place to install some heat would be pipe rads on the perimeter of building also there alot of glass all single pane and a very open floor plan.Wondering if any one has seen or used this method for haeting a existing home ? thanks for any input peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
    NJ Master HVAC Lic.
    Mahwah, NJ
    Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

This discussion has been closed.