Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Could this be where my traps are??

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

I followed my 2 mains out of the boiler room and they just dissappear. Then I noticed this access door and trench that follows the main. Might I have to crawl the entire length of this building to get to a possible end of main F&T? Will the two mains meet up at opposite end of building and just one trap? I can only follow one main...what equipment do you suppose went in the really strange room? How about that good old reliable dhw steamer??

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • no ?

No Redrum in this building?
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

there used to be a compressor or (maybe a belt driven water pump) in that strange room -is there a water storage tank somewhere ?---whats next to the old water heating steamer? is that an old "hammerhead" boiler >?round brickset firebox w/horizontal firetubes -
  • Timco

Yes, old hammerhead. No water storage tank. What would the compressor have run? Likely many redrums (or sredrum) in that old building...

I guess I will take a crawl next week and look for traps. After reading Dan's books, I will always look at the end of the main...

Tim
  • Bring a partner...

tie a rope around your waist and have your partner hang onto it while you crawl in. That way if there's any monsters in there he can haul what's left of you back out for proper burial. ;)

I find the rubble interesting as I've never seen any like that before. What part of the country is this?

• Timco

I would sometimes just prefer to be left there in my misery, and die in th eline of duty. I am in SLC, UT. VERY rocky soin in some areas, it was all under Lake Bonneville in prehistoric times. Town in the middle of the valley is called Sandy for a reason..

Tim
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177

I KEEP SEEING THAT CHAIR. EVER USE IT !!!
  • Wow,

and I thought New England soil was tough to dig!

So if you don't come back out we'll seal the entrance with concrete and inscribe something like, "Here lies Timco who died in the line of duty. He was a brave soul!" ;)
  • MikeyB
    MikeyB Member Posts: 696
    strange room

I agree w/oil 246gas about the compressor, notice the belt/fan guard behind the curb and the motor sheave on top of the curb, looks like they have been there for a while

• Was there ever a deli, bar or food store in the building? Kind of looks like it might have been a refrigeration compressor. The long cylindrical tubes with the copper tubing connected seem like they could have been refrigerant receiver-driers?
This discussion has been closed.