Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Gas Reheat

Economizer
Economizer Member Posts: 14
Does anyone out there know approximately the percentage price extra for hot gas reheat option for a 30-ton packaged rooftop unit?

I've got a call into the manufacturer (York), but I'm somewhat impatient and the guy may be on vacation.

thanks, and I'll let you know what the actual is once confirmed.

Comments

• Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    Percentage aside

and no price discussion as you know, it is probably not expressed as a percentage.

But if you need it, you need it. I love HGR- best use of waste heat.
  • Economizer

...and they need it. They also need to know the price. Percentage isn't really necessary, but I was thinking along the lines of cost percentage
    compressors - 40%
    cabinet - 20%
    condenser coil - 20%
    Evaporator coil - 20%

...so I would probably be safe saying another hot gas reheat coil would add 15-20%
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506
    I think (EDITED UPDATE)

that 20% would be safe. I will contact my York rep to find out.

EDIT: Here is what my York rep, Sam Martin, said:

"Brad,
    We typically only offer hot has reheat up to 25 tons in our Series 20 units. It can be a 20-30% premium over a standard basic unit. I will check to see if we have recently introduced a 30ton hot has reheat option but I do not think it is available in this size.

We can only offer hot gas reheat in larger units as an after-market modification which can be very expensive.

Thanks,
    -Sam
    "
  • Economizer
    Cool,

Thank you very much. I'm still waiting for a call back... he probably did go on vacation.

-Nick

This discussion has been closed.