Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Here's a new one

Options
You might want to report that to Phone Busters

http://www.phonebusters.com/

which is a joint Ontario/Mounted police (RCMP) anti-scam unit.

Email/mail/phone scams are wide spread and a lot unfortunately originate in Canada where the slow mail and strict banking security greatly aids scam artists. These scams are mainly aimed at old people who fall for them and lose a lot of their money. With your personal information they can drain your bank account. (Yes, money can be got from you bank account by electronic transfer without you signature.)

My mother in law got a letter from the "Canadian Government" saying that she had delinquent taxes that she had to pay on lottery winnings that she was going to get and if she didn't wire the money immediately she would be arrested by the FBI.

As I am a Canadian she brought it to me and I looked at it, laughed and told her it was phony. She asked me how I could tell that. (It looked very official with an embossed letterhead, Canadian flag and all.) I told her because it didn't have french in the letterhead that all Canadian government official correspondence must have.

Comments

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    I bought a Toyota truck a couple months ago

Maybe they picked that up from DMV or something.

Any way it looks like I'm rich!! NOT!!!

TOYOTA INTERNATIONAL LOTTO (HEADQUARTERS)
    Customer Service Department Affiliate of Toyota Japan.
    #28 Kanashiwa road Tokyo JP

Dear,Sir/Madam

We are pleased to inform you of the announcement made today,
    You are among the winners of the TOYOTA CAR INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION
    PROGRAM participants were selected through a computer ballot system
    drawn from 2,500,000 email addresses of individuals and companies from
    all part of the world as part of our electronic business Promotions Program.

As a result of your visiting various websites we are running the E-business promotions for. You/Your Company email address, attached to ticket number 343-221-8756, with serial number 454-17 drew the lucky numbers 3, 8, 13, 22, 27, 41 and Bonus number 12 , Your INSURANCE Number: FLS433/ 453L /GMSA and consequently you won in the Second Category of the TOYOTA FORTUNE LOTTO DRAW.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

You have therefore been approved for the payment of the sum of US$500,000. 00 in cash, including Toyota car which is the winning present /amount for the Second category winners. This is from the total prize money of US$2,650,000.00 shared among the international winners in the Second category.

Please be informed that your won fund of the sum of US$500,000.00 is now with the payee center.Contact our agent and give them your full names so that they will re-insure your winning fund under your full names. Together with the port where your winning car should be shipped to.
    To begin your claim, please call our claim agent or send email
    immediately to- Certificate Agent, Toyota car

Dr.Carlos Matos
    Email.carlosmatos@yahoo.cn
    Email;ttoyottapromo2d8@yahoo.cn
    telephone: 008613711431641

NOTE: In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications, Please
    quote your

1. Full name
    2. Address / contact number
    3. Country of origin
    4. Age
    5. Occupation
    6. Tel/fax.

Sincerely ,
    Mrs. Ing Chunny Liu
    Hon Online Coordinator
  • Mitch_4
    Mitch_4 Member Posts: 955
    Options
    s'okay but

I was contacted by the FBI!!

Apparently in order to protect people froim nigerian scams they have stepped in to assist ( I am Canadian).

They need my credit card number to process payment, and the FBI ummm.. APPARENTLY uses YAHOO mail..

yeah.

right..ok agent answar...right back at ya..
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    Options
    FBI Yahoo mail account

Maybe they're operating "undercover", shhhhhh...
  • Joannie_15
    Joannie_15 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    How lucky!

I hope you enjoy your "won fund of the sum of US$500,000.00". I know that will come in handy for you.

And it's obviously real because Carlos Matos is (as shown) a Doctor, and that lends real credence to this email.
  • David Nadle
    David Nadle Member Posts: 624
    Options

I just checked my spam folder and I've won the same lottery about 100 times. I must be the luckiest man on Earth.
This discussion has been closed.