Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

my reservoir tank

Options
i put 2 old 15 gal. expansion tanks in my system. their horizontal centerline is 1.5 in. below the boiler waterline, measured from the floor, so as to best use the limited band of extra water that can be used by the boiler.

the top of each tank is connected with a 1 in pipe from a tee at the top of the equalizer, to give sytem pressure to the surface of the tank waterline.

the bottom of each is piped with a .75 in pipe swing joint to the wet return, so i can adjust the height if needed.

each tank has .75 in. vertical nipples welded to the outer edge, and these have threaded rods running down to the floor. they are thus adjustable for height, if needed.

this extra water supply will compensate for that time the burner cuts out on pressure, and the steam bubbles collapse, leaving the boiler low on water for a few minutes. the advantage over a pumped system is that it cannot overfill the boiler.

now it seems to work. the system is a peerless 211a 1,050,000 btu. many thanks to gerry gill for showing pix of one he did recently, so i had more faith in this method of water compensation.pix soon.--nbc
This discussion has been closed.