Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Peerless Purefire problem today.

We replaced a Peerless Pinacle for a homeowner a month or so ago with a Purefire through warranty.

The boiler locks out whenever the weather warms up and burner input modulation exceeds requirements. Tech service had us check this and check that to no avail.

Today I received a call that the digital control screen was blank. I had the homeowner replace the fuse on the board and it blows just after the screen says "initializing".

This job is located 30 miles away and am looking for any logical resolutions before I head up.

Thanks!
Jim Hilpipre

Comments

• Chris Olsen
    Chris Olsen Member Posts: 1
    Peerless Purfire Problem

I just got a new out of the box Peerless purfire LP 140. We could get it to fire. The LP is connected but it would start the trial and then have an ignition error A01. After have no heat for 2 weeks my electrician/Heating enigineer got on the phone with peerless and got it to fire by putting his hand on the air intake and giving it less O2.
    In an act of complete despiration I put a piece of heating foil tape over half the intake. Oddly enough this did the trick. It fire/ran and operates normaly. The unit goes into standby and runs great. This is a temp fix until either the gas company or Peerless can see what the deal is. If anyone had had the same luck please send me some info. It's January and cold and I have a family to heat.
  • eluv8
    eluv8 Member Posts: 174
    Peerless Purefire

Any updates Jim on what you found, I hope they arn't still down. Its been pretty cold this week around the US. Looks like Peerless tried to address some of the concerns of Mod Con boiler design, and run test at factory. Hope they dont have troubles already, they are barely out of the factory and hitting the jobsites, not even full release. We have a couple running here with no troubles. Fingers Crossed.....
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Chris

Does this "Electrician/Heating Engineer" have a combustion analyzer?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
This discussion has been closed.