Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Therma flow Tanks

Steve_187
Steve_187 Member Posts: 2
Looking for some recommendations.

I have an oil fired boiler supplying an exterior tankless heater to produce water for 3 apartments (4 baths). The water temperature is inconsistant. It can't be maintained to fill a tub in the building.

Rather than pull out the tankless I would like to add storage via a storage tank and bronze circulator. I've seen Thermaflow tanks EB Series I think they are designed specifically for this application. I'd like to have at least 80 gallons of storage.

Does anyone recommend a better tank for this application? Can I use an electric hot water tank for this application?

I havn't done this particular set up before so any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Always, Sometimes, Maybe, EXCEPT,,,

A.S.M.E. requirements may need to be met. If the tank will se temperatures above 180 degrees F, OR has a capacity of 119 gallons or greater, OR is connected to a heat source with the ability to transfer more than 199,000 btuH, then it is supposed to be A.S.M.E., which you will find stands for A Substantial Monetary Exchange... Exceeding any ONE condition requires compliance in multi family or commercial dwellings.

As for sizing, I'd recommend you use one of the manufacturer's sizing programs (I prefer RayPak) and size accordingly. Remember, the heat source is only as good as the driving forces...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.