Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

\"i'd like to see them make2\"

this is a follow up on my earlier wish list:

http://forums.invision.net/Thread.cfm?CFApp=2&&Message_ID=396498&_#Message396498

maybe some one can bring these to market in time for next season.

1.an auto-skimmer with easy to remove crud/oil container.

2.an easy-to-program outdoor reset boiler control, that does not cost a cleveland. maybe a mckinley tops.

3.fully adjustable main vents. what is the purpose of having leftover vents which were too small, or too large? they should have some sort of tell-tale built in showing at a distance of across the room when the steam hits them. maybe another for temperature would be handy.

4.for those with a regular steam-certified thermostat, a display panel showing the boiler status:[ firing, off on safety, etc.]-once again, costing an extra franklin at most.

5.glass tubing sections, able to fit in the steam supply so new boiler owners could see their "wet steam".

5.a boiler replacement permit fee on a sliding scale of pressure. if the knucklehead wants to set the pressuretrol to 5 psi, it will cost more!

how about other ideas?--nbc

Comments

• Tombig_4
    Tombig_4 Member Posts: 45

A low power/low flow variable speed ECM circ. the size of a zone valve and less than $100.
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Happy new year, Nick

We all keep doing our "suff" to let our kids have some.
  • nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    and to you too!

all the best for the new year, keep on working on these projects for all of us!!!--nbc
  • Jim_47
    Jim_47 Member Posts: 244
    I'd like to see

How about an oil fired boiler or even an oil fired hot air furnace with a BTU input of 50-60K. Small cottages are always over fired.
    Please don't suggest propane or natural gas. Not every installation can be fixed with changing fuels.
    my .02
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    Wish list..

A variable speed, DC powered, E.C.M. compressor motor for ground source heat pumps, to eliminate the HARD starts, and buffer tank.

A combination DHW reverse indirect, air separator, dirt separator,buffer tank.

A modcon with a capacity maximum of 25,000 btuH.

Infinite turn down ratio on all modcon boilers.

Hydronic/Solar/GSHP contractor licensure requirement.

A copper GSHP heat exchanger to lessen installed cost of GSHP closed loop systems.

A drain pipe heat exchanger that could handle the flow requirements of the WSHP for the application of waste heat recovery systems on drain applications.

Radiant windows :-)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 960
    Hey, ME

I've had radiant windows for years! ...only they radiate in the wrong direction...

sorta like the '67 VW microbus I had with "anti-lock" brakes ;-)

To the question at hand:
    All I want is a practical residential sized high efficiency steam heating boiler in the form of a low mass fully modulating coil type steam generator with integrated economizer, pH monitoring, auto blow down, auto water treatment, self maintaining, >90%, ultra low standby losses, 20 year+ life expectancy and not any more expensive than say, a Veissmann. And a side of fries.

Happy New Year, everyone!

-Terry

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    small oiler?

how about a small diesel engine supplying heat and electricity to the house? the cooling system of the engine would be connected to the radiant loop.

something like this was done [or proposed] by fiat in italy, ibelieve.--nbc
  • Mark Eatherton
    WIlo has one Ron...

It's in R&D at present.

ME

• Mark Eatherton
    Yeah.... It's called

COLD suck radiation :-) And it sucks the comfort right out of your life :-)

Soon grasshopper... Soon.

ME

• Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
    Cogen

They have these in Germany and in the US Known Under COGEN
    http://www.senertec.de/start.htm this site may be in English to

Run's on Multi gas/ fuels too..
    It is a very Quiet and Low RPM "Generator" that makes Heat/ hot water/ Electricity.. Pretty cool stuff..
This discussion has been closed.