Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

primary control

paul_91
paul_91 Member Posts: 62
120 volts at the black and white wires....i put in a honeywell primary control...i jus want to know why there is a wire bringing constant 120v???[pink wire]....when i installed the new control i put a wire nut on the wire bringing constant 120v, and used the 120v wire through all the safeties[ p-trol & l.w.c.o]

Comments

• paul_91
    paul_91 Member Posts: 62
    primary control

i found a bad weil mclain primary control, on a weil mclain oil burner....can i replace it with a honeywell primary control even though the weil mclain control has 2 120v wires goin to it?
  • klaus
    klaus Member Posts: 183
    How do you know the primary is bad???

By two wires are you saying white and black, or two sets of wires?
    Do you have an electrical tester to see if you have power to the burner? Or possibly find out what else the burner is wired too? Like a low water cutoff, or high limit??
    The primary may be doing exactly what it is designed to do, which is go off on reset, because it doesn't see a flame.
  • Darrell_5
    Darrell_5 Member Posts: 3

The answer is yes...but listen to Steve and make sure the control is bad first. The WMC comes wired with a black L1, a white L2, and a pink wire that is hot as well. A regular Honeywell control can replace it...just follow the wires and pictures.
This discussion has been closed.