Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

over-pumped?

Empire_2
Empire_2 Member Posts: 2,340
Purchase a few cans of penetrating oil...... Not for the pumps, but for your truck and tell the job site that you are delayed due to the weather....Very Icy!!!!!

Mike T

How the heck have you been?

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040

My pumps came in today for a small single story bungalow with 3 zones. I think I got too-large pumps, and need to size the motor to run them, as well as need a belt...

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

you may have to pipe those in series to move enough water though
  • tccoggs_2
    tccoggs_2 Member Posts: 14

Looks like the pumps they use here on the snow making systems. It takes alot of juice to push that much water up a 3000 ft mountain.
  • amhplumb_2
    amhplumb_2 Member Posts: 62

An old boss of mine from years back would have loved these! "Put a bigger pump in!" was always his solution. It will move the water faster, or build more pressure! We had a shelf of bigger pumps that were probably "defective!" acoording to him when they didn't solve the problem. Upper management gave him a free hand on ordering, and money was plentiful then! His logic back then,(I could write a plumbing/heating comedy book with just his theories, and the things he did!) inspired me to take an IBR course, and to keep studying and researching over the years!
  • R Mannino
    R Mannino Member Posts: 441
    Motor

This big 3 auto executive running to D.C. should provide enough power.
  • Keith_8
    Keith_8 Member Posts: 399
    Have you thought of...

putting those guy's on a VFD?

Might make a big difference :)

Keith

This discussion has been closed.