Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Just an interesting radiator.

up here, most are like that.<BR><BR>BTW-Those are H/W rads with the vent at the top,,,quite normal.<BR>Look up from the bottom and note the "boss" for tapping a 1 pipe steam vent.<BR><BR>Don`t <i>get-out much</i> do ya?<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• ttekushan_3
    ttekushan_3 Member Posts: 960
    Interesting Canadian radiator piping

Nothing of particular importance; nothing provocative, earth shattering, save-us-from-annihilation stuff, just that I found this inlet/outlet arrangement interesting.

Inlet and outlet are side by side on the same side of the radiator. It appears to be only at the end casting. Check out the placement of the steam air vent tapping, appearing on each end casting.

-Terry

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• Brad White_191
    Brad White_191 Member Posts: 252
    A lot down here have

similar piping, M-M and F-F, but it is a free country.

We have interesting radiators too.

:)
  • ttekushan_3
    We don't see

many of those in these parts... in Cleveland Ohio which, as you know, is a LONG way from Canada;-)

That big lake makes Canada, like, you know, overseas 'n stuff. As one great American recently said:

"I get to go to lots of overseas places, like Canada."
    -- Britney Spears

Terry T

steam; proportioned minitube; trapless; jet pump return; vac vent. New Yorker CGS30C

• ttekushan_3
    Oh dear.

John Waters radiators?!

Terry T

• Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    I live in Cleveland

I know where the radiators can file for house keeping partnership registrations.

They still make new ones with out the rust in Willowby.
  • Michael Rogers
    Michael Rogers Member Posts: 29

A lot of the rads in Southern Ontario, Canada, are layed out the same way, manufactured by Corto. My house included.
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 766

Here is a page from a book entiled, Dominion Ideal Fitter, dated 1942. The company name is Standard Sanitary & Dominion Radiator. I am sure it is a Canadian branch of American Radiator Co.

Dave Stroman

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Hey Matt,

maybe they`re the ones Britney got to? LOL.

Dave
  • Very interesting Dave,

great name BTW,,
    Anyway, what I understand it was the Standard Sanitary Mfg.Co. Ltd. that had 2 outlets, Hamilton & Toronto(became American/Standard). I`ve seen many of their "roll-rim" bathtubs, in fact I have 2 sitting in my backyard.
    Ever hear tell of the "Safford"?,I think "Dominion Radiator" bought them out, then Warden-King bought them-out,,, then Crane Canada gobbled them up,,, interesting stuff though.
    How are things in Denver?

BTW- Anyone need any Corto rads?, I have many.

Dave
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 766

Here is the info from inside the book.

Dave Stroman

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Neat Dave,

I did some editing on my previous post,,,
    Interesting to know what goes-on.

Dave
  • ttekushan_3
    Thanks

for the scan, Dave.

Terry T

• The Boiler Dr.
    The Boiler Dr. Member Posts: 163
    Dave

I tried to open your PDF scan but my system tells me it is "damaged and can't be fixed". Could you try sending it to me directly at boilers-r-us@shaw.ca please.
    Thank You
This discussion has been closed.