Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Vitola 200

Is it normal for a Vitola 200 18KW to come with a beckett burner?.The guy at the wholesale said that they come with beckett burners in Canada and riello in the States..I thought that they came with a viessmann burner.The problem with this burner is that it will not fit between the refractory on the boiler door.Do they expect you to remove the refractory to fit the burner in?.If so how does one remove this refractory?why cant technical assistance be open on the weekends?.thankyou for taking the time to read my post.

Comments

• J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    Damn them!

They aren't open on a holiday weekend for the world!!! Who'd a thunk?

Monday is coming...and you'll get some help from them then.

Unless you're without heat, the only person to call would be THE INSTALLER. If it was YOU...OOPS! Chris
  • Bob Burnham
    Bob Burnham Member Posts: 18
    Did they sell you (Hello Chris)

The right burner and the wrong boiler or the wrong burner and the right boiler. Please advise, I am here to help...

Rick
  • Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Weird...

... I'd give Viessmann a call. I have a Vitoflame 100 (oil) on my 34kW model and I see no reason why that burner could not be used on a smaller Vitola also. IIIRC, it would simply require a different air grate setting + nozzle, per the instructions in the manual. .
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    Go ahead...

Give them a call....I know that message. I've heard it before..
    I also know the guy who LEFT the big V..and WILL answer my calls.

Chris
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Unusual

In the 2008 Viessmann U.S. price book the only burners listed for an oil fired Vitola are the Vitoflame 100 and the Riello. The Vitorond 100 on the other hand can be had with Beckett or Riello. I would guess that you have been supplied with either the wrong boiler or the wrong burner. Which boiler did you actually order?
  • Vitorond 100

I have installed the vitorond 100 on several occasions with a becket burner and Reillo. They may have made a mistake at supply house.
  • Adam Grant_2
    Adam Grant_2 Member Posts: 3

Vitola 200 18KW that would be about 63000 the burner is a .75 Beckett burner.That is about 105 btu burner a little bit over fired .Definitely over fired and the wrong burner no doubt about it.I will be calling the wholesale on Monday.
  • S Ebels_2
    S Ebels_2 Member Posts: 74
    Inquiring minds want to know

How'd you make out. Did they give you the right burner?
This discussion has been closed.