Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Polypropylene venting

Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573
Check Ipex, they have a Polypropylene vent system,But i am not sure if it will be available since they no longer are serving the N American market needs.

Also baxi luna has PP venting piping with adapters from 3 and 4 inch to metric .

Or SS can be used.. Richard

Comments

• Mike Dunn
    Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
    Sorry

to make a new thread on this, but who makes venting systems out of this material. (Polypropylene)

Mike Dunn
  • I dont believe they make

a venting system but they make polypropylene pipe.....http://www.aquathermpipe.com/
  • Burnham uses

Polyproylene, I am sure they wpould be able to steer you to the manufacturer.
  • Mike Dunn
    Mike Dunn Member Posts: 189
    Tim

I did not see any polypropylene venting on Burnham's website. Do you know if they are selling it with their new condensing boilers?
  • Ron Gillen
    Ron Gillen Member Posts: 124
    Viessmann

The Viessmann coaxial vent for the Vitodens is polypropylene pipe for the flue with an aluminum outer pipe. Only one I'm aware of.
  • Perry_5
    Perry_5 Member Posts: 141
    Pay attention to the temperature ratings

Not all polypropylene is created the same.

I did some research and found the following offered:

Standard polypropylene pipe & fittings: Rated for up to 180 F Available in many "plastic" catalogs and from many industrial suppliers.

Laboratory Drain polypropylene $ fittings: Rated for up to 212 F Available from one company (the company that makes this system).

Viessmann polypropylene boiler co-axial vent system: Rated for up to 248 F.

You are looking for the 248 F (or similar) rating for a boiler vent system.

Not sure where to find the 248 F (or similar) material - but as several other companies are offering co-axial vent systems someone must be making it.

Perry
  • Derheatmeister
    Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,573

Perry..Yes
  • Mike I am pretty

sure they are it is the same stuff used in Europe. I am going down to my training center this afternoon and will check the unit I have as to what the material is. I will get back to you.
  • Crown boiler

Uses it for their bimini, it comes with the boiler but more is available if needed..http://www.crownboiler.com/
  • kpc_47
    kpc_47 Member Posts: 3
    boilers that....

use it that I know of are... Burnham Alpine, Embassy Onex, Crown Bimini...
    This is their answer to PVC which the PVC guys state is not approved for venting boilers.
  • Doug_7
    Doug_7 Member Posts: 249
    IPEX in Canada

Since when are IPEX in Canada no longer are serving the N American market needs ?

I heard about the Kitec water piping system recall, but that is only one small product line.

Doug
  • Mike I will e-mail

Burnham.
  • Doug_7
    Doug_7 Member Posts: 249
    Fire Rating Question

I suspect that when it comes to plastic flue pipes, that is a little more to it than the temperature rating of the pipe.

Fire rating of the pipe may also be necessary depending on local fire / building codes. I suspect this is why PVC has the plumbing / drainage market sewn up.

Doug
  • I got the e-mail

back as rejected by your server as being too large. Burnham does use polypropylene on there Freedom CM in a concentric vent.
This discussion has been closed.