Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Thermofin

Options
Wayco Wayne_2
Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
who is having a back porch remodeled. The GC suggested Thermofin so she can get a radiant floor. She has been in touch with me initially because they want a mod con boiler in the near future. I have limited knowledge of the Thermofin product, but my understanding is that it operates at higher water temperatures. Would these higher water temps negate the benefit of having a mod con boiler. Are there any other information my client needs to make a choice? WW

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=255&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• Ron Gillen
    Ron Gillen Member Posts: 124
    Options
    Ultrafin?

Are you confusing Thermofin with Ultrafin? Ultrafin is the pair of fins that attach to a suspended tube and require high temperatures to heat the joist space. Thermofin C is a brand if heavy extruded plates that attach to the subfloor and operate at some of the lowest temperatures of any underfloor system when properly installed and insulated. Thermofin U is a similar product for above floor installations.
  • Andrew Hagen_2
    Andrew Hagen_2 Member Posts: 236
    Options
    Thermofin

Thermofin is one of the best "dry" systems available. There is also a lighter version, called Thinfin, that saves a little money but still operates at very low temperatures. Having personally installed miles of this product, I can say it delivers on its promises.
  • Wayco Wayne_2
    Wayco Wayne_2 Member Posts: 2,479
    Options
    Ultrafin

is what she described to me. Sorry for the faulty memory. I told her the extruded plates would be what I would recommend, but I've only seen the Ultrafin in trade shows and wasnt sure if it is a worthwhile investment on her part. WW

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Tombig_2
    Tombig_2 Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Ultra-Fin

Wayne, What's the rest of the emitters in the house? Ultra-Fin works when properly installed, insulation pracices are key. It's high temp for sure and might marry some copper fin BB for distribution temps. If the rest of the house is standing iron you might have to dial UP the temp on that future modcon for the UF. Copper BB and UF dial in pretty well together on a reset curve, meaning not much of one.
This discussion has been closed.