Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New Energy and new administartion??????

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,799
I'm starting to feel depressed; where are my meds?

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=368&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• GW
    new old the same old?

I was watching C-Span last night (yawn). Perhaps there hs already been some threads on this; sorry if I missed it. Does any one here expect or hope for more business when the new guys comes to office? Thanks, gary

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
    Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,586
    I do.

Retired and loving it.
  • mikea23
    mikea23 Member Posts: 224

We all hope for new things but lets be honest its Washigton. Dems or Republicans normally do nothing for the small guys they say they do but never happens. I think we just had one more election where we all voted for the best of the worst.
  • ed wallace
    ed wallace Member Posts: 1,613
    new energy czar

meet the new boss same as the old boss new admin same old bs
  • Mitch_6
    Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
    even if work picks up we middle class blue collar

types will be paying more for less the government is throwing away so much cash all we will be doing is paying debt with no benefits to us.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Fred Harwood_2
    Fred Harwood_2 Member Posts: 195
    Dan?

Was that expect? Or hope?
  • DanHolohan
    We're seeing it already.

Retired and loving it.
  • mikea23
    mikea23 Member Posts: 224

With all due respect Dan what we are seeing is the consumer looking for more efficient systems and looking at things long term. They all want to save money. Bottom line high fuel prices are good for our industry.
  • GW
    wow

I wasn't expecting pessimism. The way I understand things is the feds are gonna role out money to get the economy going again. I'm not even as smart as a beginner when it comes to politics....am i wrong on this?

Energy can't possibly miss the boat this time. Even the most cynical of us should be inclined to think we just might see a piece of the action this time.

Home and commercial space heating and cooling is a big nut; the C-span thing I was watching mentioned the number... I didn't file it away into my brain but was the number like 40% of total energy used?? I could be off on this.

I'm noticing performance-based incentives with air conditioning and heat pumps by the big elec utilities see Massachusetts Cool Smart program.

The local gas utilities cough up a grand for a 90plus boiler and 100 for a 90plus furnace ($it's 300 of 400 for an ECM furnace), but there is absolutely not performance driven; it's "prove you have it installed with your contractors invoice and we'll send you the money"

The Coolsmart program is neat.... you actually have to own tools! I'm thinking the feds will grab on to this and us contractors that actually own diagnostic tools will be able to step it up a notch or two. Time will tell.

Gary Wilson
    Wilson Services, Inc
    Northampton, MA
    gary@wilsonph.com
  • DanHolohan
    I've read

Tom Friedman's book, and I'm watching what's going on and feeling very positive about all of it. I see the seeds being planted for great things to come in this industry. Our sales are way up, even though the price of fuel is way down. We just made a MAJOR investment in this site, which you'll see in about two months. Marianne, the elves, and I are feeling very positive.
    Retired and loving it.
  • This is true

We are in a depression now or very soon and if history repeats itself, like it always does the bombs will soon start fallin.
    Hopefully it is with Iran who has enough time left( they should they had enough time to practice)to slam those thousands of exocet missles into the sides of all those oil tankers.
    When the smoke clears oil will hopefully be 20 dollars a gallon and we will be makin money hand over fist. Sad but True.
    TONY
  • DanHolohan
    That's the spirit!

Retired and loving it.
  • jackchips_2
    jackchips_2 Member Posts: 1,337
    Even

the pessimist will ride this out-what other choice is there?

The optimist will ride whatever high wave there is and when it crests will be on top as usual.

There is always a bottom but we don't have to live there if we keep a positive attitude.

What a great country we live in.

Jack
  • Dont get depressed Gary

ether way you look at it, it is a win win situation for us.
    One thing for sure is the next few decades are going to be about one thing... Energy!
    TONY
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    We are with Dan and Jack

I am sure I can sell a Solar hot water system for $12,000.00, I just need to talk with some one who wants one. There is still money out there.

My hope is it does go back up half as fast as it fell.

In my next life I will not look at the keyboard as I type.
  • Mitch_6
    Mitch_6 Member Posts: 549
    Sorry to say we are not looking at any large projects

Use to be doing one high end custom house at all times while looking at others. We have non on the table at all. People that need new boilers are not doing them. Lots of people doing thee own work to save money. I use to have a landscaper and maid service. Now I have the time and not the money so I stopped using them. I ave a work truck and personnel vehicle I need to replace yet I hold on to them for lack of funds. It all snow balls, I am a firm believer in trickle down theory. However all that is planned is throw money at things. They put way to much money in the big dig of Boston and the economy still failed.

The think giving GM and banks money will solve the problem it will not. Stopping people that get paid way to much to do nothing will help and that goes from the top executive to the over pair yes I will say it union worker there are just to many being paid to much for the service they do. That is why the big three fail and also why the MBTA and Mass pike have problems.

• singh
    singh Member Posts: 866
    new years resolutions

I just want to get in shape , maybe start running again. Seems more realistic and achievable.

• Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Great Read

Should be a national requirement.
This discussion has been closed.