Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

where to buy

Try the Gauge Store


They have a 0-3 PSI (Model 33020) and a 0-5 PSI (Model 33021) good to a max of 140 deg. so you'll need a pigtail to protect it from steam. I get my pigtails from McMaster Carr


Catalog page 578 . I get the red brass pigtails as they don't corrode.


  • arnie_2
    arnie_2 Member Posts: 1
    Where/What to buy

    I would like to buy a 0-5 pressure guage, and a vaporstat for a one pipe system.
    Whats the best model #;s etc, and the best place to buy.
    Thanks and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!
  • Brad White_203
    Brad White_203 Member Posts: 506

    Well you knew it was the season, but I mean Winter gauge. On-line. I have a 0-32 ounce gauge, I bought a couple. Now I just need a steam system :)
  • jeff klaverweiden
    jeff klaverweiden Member Posts: 57

    You can buy it from MSC they have their catalog online and you will get it in a day or two.

    Idle hands are the devils workshop

  • scrook_2
    scrook_2 Member Posts: 610

    McMaster-Carr also has low pressure gauges.

    Vaporstat: call local plumbing-heating wholesale supply houses or Google "VAPORSTAT"
  • Tim_64
    Tim_64 Member Posts: 76

    Don't bother with a 0-5psi...

    get a 0-35 oz/in gauge #33013 or 33016 at gaugestore.com

  • Tim- The 0-35 oz gauge can be dangerous! A friend of mine put one on his system and almost caused his burner man to have a heart attack! The burner man saw the gauge reading almost 25, and muttered something about wondering why the safety wasn't working as he dove for the shutoff switch! :)
  • Marty_7
    Marty_7 Member Posts: 30

    Try www.patriot-supply.com they are about the best around.
This discussion has been closed.