Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Munchkin E14 and F14 Errors

Munchkin T80M - I am getting E14 and F14 errors. The faults occur when the motor is not supposed to be running. There are two scenarios when the fault occurs:

First: No call for heat. The combustion motor runs at 1450-1500 RPMs when there is no call heat. After about a minute it shuts off.

Second: Water temp has reached 180, combustion has shutoff waiting for the water temp to reach 159. Once again the combustion motor runs for a while then shuts off with a E14 error. The E14 changes to F14. Upon resetting F14, combustion will go a through another cycle if the water temp is less than 159.

The point is: There would be no issue if the motor would shut off when it is supposed to. Is this a motor problem or a controller problem? or?

Comments

• Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    I would guess

You have a controller problem. Tough to say without being there with a VOM to check it.

• TimS
    TimS Member Posts: 82
    first verify voltages

on the 24 v. side that its not dropping a little somewhere like the grey wires (call for heat) should be dry contacts . Also sometimes I have found a leaking wet water pressure switch be the cause, be thorough checking voltage and connection , then I would have geussed it may be the fan cause it has constant 120v. to it and it may be cheaper than control (fan has 3 yr warranty).
  • Dan Haraburda_2
    Dan Haraburda_2 Member Posts: 13
    E14 and F14 Munchkin Errors

Replacement of the motor solved the problem. Will it happen again? Good question? The motor has gone back to Munchkin for autopsy.

Finding test points for checking low voltage proved to be quite challenging.

This discussion has been closed.