Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil fired boiler recommendations

Martin A
Martin A Member Posts: 3
Can anyone recommend a particular boiler mfg based on relaibility, performance, etc.
I have bids for Utica, Weil-McLane, & Burnham. I've been told to stay away from Burnham. I currently have an HB Smith that needs to be replaced.
All I know are the names of these mfgs...not the good, bad, and the ugly that comes from experiance.
Thanks!

Comments

• klaus
    klaus Member Posts: 183

Oil or gas fired???

Steam or Hot water??
  • radiconnection
    radiconnection Member Posts: 29

You'll hear good and bad about all of them... Most important thing is to have it sized to the heatload, and installed properly. "Bad" often goes back to a bad install from day one. Just my opinion.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    I'll

make a leap of faith and assume a top notch install. Biasi w/ AQ2000 control.Buderus G115 or G125BE w/ Logamatic or Viessmann VR1 w/Vitotronic or AQ control.If Budget is no concern or you have a low temp system,a Viessmann Vitola or Buderus GB125BE.All properly sized, of course.
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Martin A
    Martin A Member Posts: 3

Thanks for the info...it is for an oil fired steam system.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,556
    Then

forget everything I said.For steam,Burnham Megasteam is #1 and #2 is not even close
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • Erich_3
    Erich_3 Member Posts: 135
    Contract

When you sign the contract make sure there is a paragraph that states "shall be piped in accordance with the factory installation manual." Burnham makes several steam models so make sure it is the Megateam model. Do not assume that your current boiler is sized correctly. Ask for reference from other steam installations.
This discussion has been closed.