Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

cold christmas eve caused by vari-valves?

Options
Tom_121
Tom_121 Member Posts: 4
the control box does have a little red light on it. i'l call him now.

Comments

• Tom_121
    Tom_121 Member Posts: 4
    Options

I've done a little searching and couldn't see this exact problem, so sorry if it's been covered.

I have a oil fed burnham, and a one-pipe steam system. My furnace was maintained the other day and the tech recomended i changed to vari-valves.

Last night i swapped out all the valves on each radiator, one by one on the first floor, and then all three at once on the second floor.

Today, very cold morning!

For each radiator, i turned the valve down and then swaped the vent. On one radiator, the valve wasn't completely closed so when i pulled the vent, steam shot out.

This morning i pressed the manual re-start and it seems like the system is working properly.

After all that, here's my question: COuld the changs in the pressure of the system caused it to go into some type of alarm mode and shut down? s there anything else i need to do now or just wait?
  • kpc_46
    kpc_46 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    if the burner...

tripped out on reset, that has nothing to do w/ the rad vents. 2 seperate issues...You probabaly want to give him a call to inform him of that. Hopefully you won't be cold on Christmas Am.
  • Terry in NJ
    Terry in NJ Member Posts: 36
    Options
    what control box has red lighton? low water cutoff?

if so you may just need to add water to the system.
This discussion has been closed.