Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Winter is Officially Here... Ya Think?

Perry_5
Perry_5 Member Posts: 141
In case any of you missed it. Today is the first day of winter.

Winter is -- OFFICIALLY -- here.

I think most people are so cold and buried in snow to notice...

What do you all think?

Perry

Comments

• ScottRW
    ScottRW Member Posts: 33

• ScottRW
    ScottRW Member Posts: 33
    Winter, Yeah I think so

Last night we (local Vol. Fire Dept.) held our annual Candy Cane Run for the community. Usually we give out 200 to 250 candy canes to the kids and collect food for the food bank. We normally collect about 10 boxes of food. Last night, as we drove through the neighborhoods, we could see people in thier homes, some got up and waved to us, (Santa sits on an open sleigh towed behind the brush truck) but not many came out this year.... Did I mention that it was -8 degrees F? We gave out about 75 candy canes to adults and kids and felt thankful to have the 3 boxes of food to give to the food bank. We have as much snow now as we did last year in late January. 9 more inches due today. Add to that a very short summer of 08, and we in Idaho are ready for Spring....... Crying the blues.........Scott
  • Tis indeed the season

Went to the boat yesterday to check that power was on and that the block heater was heating. So far all is not frozen and the Cat started right up. The second snow of the season has arrived today and tonight but may be only a foot.
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Bad here

We've had steady snow with 20mph wind all day. The kids Sunday school Christmas program was canceled this evening due to plugged roads. Another 2-4" coming tonight with the same wind behind it. Schools are already closed for tomorrow. Haven't had a winter start like this in a lot of years. Snow is piled up like it's February along the roads.
  • Josh_10
    Josh_10 Member Posts: 787

Bad here too. I'm an hour north of Seattle. Design is 19 degrees, it was -4 Friday night. Imagine explaining that to someone you sold a heating system to last year!
  • MIke_Jonas
    MIke_Jonas Member Posts: 209
    Design day for sure

I let the dog out first thing this morning..told my wife..Holy Smokes it's cold out!! 4 below almost all day. I told her if I go all day without the phone ringing, I'll know that I sized my installs right.

So far..so good.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 234
    Please...spare me

All the talk about how cold it is. That would be akin to me bellyaching about how "HOT" it is here when its +75 ;-)

Warm regards from "chilly" (-17)Fairbanks,
    Rocky
This discussion has been closed.