Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

What a Day!!!

Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
So I am re-installing a very large Cornell pump in the mech room of a 10 story condo bldg. LIke 400#. Pump comes back, face-plate installed 90* WRONG so I need to spin the elbo and get both flanges pointed up. Then HOA pres says there is a leak from "the giant air blower thingy" on the 6th floor, so we head up. Flooding from hydro-air handler. Find condensate pan has drain blocked and cannot see a leak from HX. Get it drained, and want to see if leak (drip) that we can now see will go away if we isolate the HX. Touch wrench to iso vlave and WOOOSH, 60# of 125* water (return) is just shooting out of this valve. (bottom nut broke off valve, very old) I fly down 6 floors to bsmnt, and kill system and start draining. When the emegrency is over, I hear it. Rain in the concrete stairwell, starting 6 floors up. Took 3 hours to clean up water, and cut out old valve so union could be added and valve replaced. Holy hell it was a long, hard day but heat is back on and pump running again. Need a Hydro air unit, but that's another post...all I was supposed to have to do today was tighten 8 bolts and 3 wirenuts on one pump...

Tim
Just a guy running some pipes.
This discussion has been closed.