Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adding Water to a New Steam Boiler

Big Ed_4
Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,932
You now need to fix the leak in the other part of the system. More info from me, check my posts under " Dirty Water"...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Paul_82
    Paul_82 Member Posts: 7

• Paul_82

I just converted from an old oil steam boiler (1936 era) to a new gas steam boiler, Utica PEG187C and a RUDD 40 Gal.hot water tank(see pictures below). I am happy with the performance of the new boiler It sure is a lot faster and pumps the steam very well. My question to the "Steamers" is, is it normal to have to add water to the boiler ~ once a week or the LWCO kicks in. The capacity of the boiler to the water line is 7gals.,to the LWCO is 4.4 gals. That means I lose ~2.6 gals.a week. Is this normal or am I spoiled from the old clunker I got rid of. I know I can have a automatic water replenisher installed but I don't know if thats the way to go.
    Thanks for any help you suggest.
    Paul
  • Paul_82

I did not have any leaks before I replaced the old boiler and there is none in the new piping. I'm still at a dither where I'm loosing 2.4 gals.of water a week. Could it be possible I could loose that much water through the radiator valves ?
    Paul
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    BAD VALVES

IF THE AIR VALVES OR MAIN VENTS ARE BLOWING STEAM , YOU WILL LOOSE A TON OF WATER. OTHER POSSIBILITY....UNDERGROUND CONDENSATE RETURN ROTTED
This discussion has been closed.