Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam boiler overfilling?? Tim

where the condensate tank/pump fed up along the B/R ceiling then dropped back down into the boilers return. Periodically it flooded too.<BR>Then it hit me,, it was siphoning very slowly from the tank into the boiler.<BR>Put a vacuum breaker in this line and it solved my problem.<BR><BR>Dave

Comments

• tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Steam boiler overfilling?? Tim

Hey guy's, I have a chapel we put a smallish atmospheric steamer in, condensate feed tank, remote location from chapel. Has condensate transfer receiver under chapel that pumps over to feed tank in boiler room appx 100 feet away. Finding once in awhile the boiler will be flooded with 4-5 psi of water. Feed water to boiler controlled by #67 MM control. Trying to figure how it is getting that much overfilling psi in it. I figure that the most that it should be able to overfill with is appx 2-3psi if say the transfer pump was filling up the feed tank and then pushing open the check valve of feed pump and into boiler due to the atmospheric vent on feed tank is appx 6ft tall. Considering that 6ft is equal to about 3 psi max. Any ideas of what else might be occuring. We have skimmed etc but just don't see even dirty water line causing this kind of water build up. Never found 67 or pump relay sticking and both are new with boiler. Ideas????? Tim Ps, Thanks in advance.
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Just updating, looking for response. Thanks, Tim

This discussion has been closed.