Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Powerflame --why?

Powerflame why? so many isolating relays -16 relays --working on a c7-go-30 ati today ---Why in the world does Powerflame insist on so many isolating relays ---what a pain in the balls to diagnose without a print ---can someone give me good reason for all this extra wiring.sockets,relays ? and that pain in butt DC-3 draft controller i have to jump 3 seperate switchs if the board fails ///////// things are going to be interesting on those midnight calls

Comments

• Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 537
    Ask the late Mr. Carrier

Why the stuff his folks put in their stuff.

Because they could.

Prints are nice if drawn in NO format.
  • Joe_136
    Joe_136 Member Posts: 7

I live in Parsons Kansas- the Powerflame plant is just on the south edge of town.... I know, no help with this reply-
    I used to work with a guy who works in the office there-
    I think he is maybe the guy you talk to when you call with problems...I think...... I'll ask him next time I see him. 620-421-0480 is their phone number
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

probably right down the road from Webster and Gordon Piatt anyway i can work my way through them but its completely unnecessary -- no-one is going to answer the phone at night,weekends and holidays--midnight --and if i only i had to do 1 service call a day it wouldnt be a problem But in the Real world --i'm loving the separate servo controls for air,primary fuel and secondary but the rest The industry could do without -
  • Blackoakbob
    Blackoakbob Member Posts: 252
    Auto flame...

This summer was my first experience with separate controllers, primary air, fuel, draft and fgr.They are along way from putting a match book in the relay and cleaning burnt contacts. Just working with a new CB Hawk set up, very elaborate control package, everything but sing and dance. Best regards
  • oil-2-4-6-gas
    oil-2-4-6-gas Member Posts: 641

yeah i remember the tube relays im all for the technology these days ---(BTW the CB hawk is obsolete) -but still the relays don't do anything other than waste wire and relays --they may protect the relay from a dead short in a circuit ---but if the relays coil shorts out, its the same thing --its just pointless
This discussion has been closed.