Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Radiant Heat in the New York Times (Dan H.)

Paul Pollets
Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
Quoting from "....tec", the nemesis of internet RFH sales, is ludicrous. You can see that the author simply Googled and called a few "experts". At least TOH was contacted.

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=104&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>

Comments

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,586
    In today's paper.

Check out the prices:

Radiant Heat
    Retired and loving it.
  • hydronic limited to baths & kitchens?

He oughta stick to lawyering and leave the hydronics to those of us who know where we can stick it(G).

Funny, but I recently declined to visit with one of those underperforming internet-purchased rad systems sold by ........ Hasn't worked right since day-one and it's not the first call I've ever had regarding systems sold by ........ Once touched by you, the customers shift all responsibility from the lousy design to you & I'm not touching a pig in a poke cause that mud woller is too deep for me.

Yiz gets what yiz pays fer.
  • troy_8
    troy_8 Member Posts: 109
    Dave

It reminds me of one of my favorite qoutes= "you don't always get what you pay for but you never get what you don't pay for" It comes as such a surprise when these people trying to save a buck aren't warm. I try to save where I can too-but if my truck breaks I take it to a pro. I don't call someone and say over the phone "send me what I need to fix this darn truck" I get that call daily for heating systems. If I could fix their system over the phone I wouldn't need my truck. Hey - I think I'm on to something.
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    It's nice

to have an article talking about radiant in front of the masses but why didn't they talk to any pro's? They did a disservice to the general public with that.

That article really gives the impression installation can ba a simple DIY project to save a bunch of $$$. As we all know that little saved up front can and usually does wind up costing a lot more later.
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    I think

someone is living like it's 1989!

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
    WOW....

Things are looking up. My fav internet rad company is now putting TWO, count them, 2 passes of tube per joist bay. Must have decided to see if they could double their pex sale....

I can retire from the industry now. My job here is done :-)

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.