Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Taco variable circ ?

Craig Benson
Craig Benson Member Posts: 15
Will check 'em out thank you!

Comments

• martin
    martin Member Posts: 144
    Taco variable circ ?

Went to Taco site and watched variable video. Went to Taco dealer to get one. They sent me a 007 VSF video says I should have a 00 VDT need help to figure out what I need.
  • John Barba_6
    John Barba_6 Member Posts: 55
    00-VS vs. 00-VDT

The 00-VS circulator is basically a souped up version of the 00-VDT, meaning it can do a lot of different things while varying its speed. It can operate in either a reverse acting or directing acting mode, is can work in a setpoint mode, can be used for chilled water applications, etc.

You can use it as a variable speed Delta T circulator by setting Dip Switches 1 and 3 to the ON position, while leaving all the others in the OFF position. The range dial on the upper right hand corner of the control is labelled 1 through 10..with each number representing 5 degrees. If you want a 20 degree Delta T, set the Range Dial to 4.

The 00-VDT will be simplified --- there won't be any dip switches, and the range dial will be calibrated in degrees.
    The 00-VDT will be available as a 008-VDT, 0012 -VDT and 0013 VDT, depending on how much pump you need.

If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail me direct. Hope this helps...

JMB
  • John,

you say the 00-VDT will be available as a 008-VDT, 0012-VDT and 0013 VDT, any idea when that will be?
    I`d like to give one a try on my own M/C.

Dave
  • John Barba_6
    Availability

Hi Dave --

Should be ready to ship soon. I'll check back at the factory today and let you know...

Thanks...

JMB
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    I was told

by my local rep approximately February for availability. I'm thinking of trying one at my house/ test bed on my radiant floor and GSHP before promoting them to the customer.
  • Craig Benson
    Craig Benson Member Posts: 15
    Would be interested in the \"new\" pump

These pumps look ideal for my small installation, would hat to buy and "old" style just weeks before the newer, improved version comes out.
  • John Barba_6
    00-VDT's

Hey gang --

008-VDT's and 0012-VDT's are shipping this week. 0013-VDT's go in to production next week. In the meantime, the same circulators are available as a 00-VS circulator and can be set up to work in a Delta T mode. Simply move Dip Switches 1 and 3 to the ON position, turn the rest OFF, and then adjust the dial to the required Delta T -- each notch represents 5 degrees. The 00-VDT's are a simplified version of the VS.

Hope this helps...

JMB
  • Rich L.
    Rich L. Member Posts: 414
    John, Are pump

curve charts availanle online?

Thanks, Rich L
  • John Barba_6
    Pump curves...

Yeah --- each 00-VDT will have the max pump curve of its "normal" cousin -- meaning a 008-VDT will have a max curve the same as a 008 -- the only difference is that it can vary from there down to nothing. Ditto for the others...

Pump curve chart is attached (also available at taco-hvac.com)...

JMB
  • Another question John,

I`m leaning towards the 008-VDT circ, will that also have a built-in FC like the others that are not VS?
    Just curious, as otherwise I`ll have to add one.

BTW-Check your Fill-Pro email list, I think my address is on there twice.

Dave
  • John Barba_6

That's because we like you twice as much as everyone else!

No IFC on the 00-VDT -- most likely use is with zone valve applications so a flow check wouldn't be needed, anyway. Also, at low speed, there may not be enough to lift a flow check or open an IFC. Do you need one?

JMB
  • I Love Taco John,

but I was wondering,, I have a TT M/C boiler on ZVs, but on a domestic call(priority & another circ), would that not pull backwards?

Dave
  • John Barba_6
    Depends...

...I guess, on how you have it piped. "Moose antler" piping, with the indirect taken off the boiler piping going in and out of the primary, then you wouldn't worry about backwards flow. Since the TT has a low head HX, you're probably piping it up in a more traditional manner, so the FC may be needed.

Wait a minute...Duh -- will the indirect be on priority? If the zone valves are closed, they're closed, right? So there shouldn't be anywhere for the flow to go -- backwards, forwards or whatever --it should only go through the indirect. Let me know if my thinking's straight here...

JMB
  • Schematic?

Hey John, I`m a working stiff, this would be for my-own.
    I used a Solo 60 W/3 zones, no P/S and (although you may hate),a 15-58FC supplying them.
    The indirect has a 15-42 with a FC I installed.
    On a TT the domestic has priority(can`t speak about others), & the CH side stops while this is happening. Although the ZV`s are open.
    I think some kind of FC is necessary to properly isolate the two sides.
    Hope I didn`t touch a nerve there!

Dave
  • John Barba_6
    I have no nerves...

left to touch...I have children!

No worries -- I'm just trying to imagine the schematic in what's left of my mind. Is there a diagram on TT's website?

JMB
  • klaus
    klaus Member Posts: 183

Are you using a ZVC box to control the valves or are they wired direct to Tstats??? I'm pretty sure that the ZVC will close the zone valves on the priority call, My honeywell AQ2000 is piped in a similar fashion, and when the the DWH calls, the zone valves will close and the ECM Circ will shut down before the domestic circ fires up.

• LOL,

I guess I could draw something out for ya, or perhaps better yet, send you some pics of my install.
    I don`t have Hot Rod`s computer technology, but I wish I did!

Dave
  • tccoggs

Not here man,, regular stats. Zv`s stay open even on priority, the FC isolates the two.

Dave
  • Well anyway,

seeing as I really love Taco products, it sounds like I should stay with what I have or look elsewhere(if I want to push-it). To be honest, this sale is gone.

Thanks anyway for your time John, I enjoyed your webcast much.

Dave
  • Chris M
    Chris M Member Posts: 7
    Efficiency or Power Consumption Curves

John,

I've been trying to locate power consumption curves for the new circulator and don't see them anywhere. Any idea how to get a hold of these?
  • Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,403
    Taco doesn't like to RUSH a product to market.................

Just to "get it out there." They really like to doing some thorough testing first. As contractor, I really appreciate that. Mad Dog

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
This discussion has been closed.