Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Refreshed My Website...................heatboy

hb_8
hb_8 Member Posts: 2
....... it is finally to the publishing point. My old site had been up since 1995 and it had grown stale, too big and static even though it brought quite a bit of work in.

The new site is much smaller and, I believe, has a warmer feel. Still some tweaks to be done and I have some projects to put up, but I need to get it out there. Please let me know what you think.

Radiantly Warm Regards,

heatboy

www.climatecadvanced.com

Comments

• mikea23
    mikea23 Member Posts: 224

VERY NICE SITE ALMOST AS NICE AS YOUR WORK
  • Rocky_3
    Rocky_3 Member Posts: 234
    Heatboy,

I agree with Mike...very nicely done. We do not have a website yet, but are toying with the idea. How much business does it provide for you? Five calls a month? more...less? How many hours per week or month is there in maintaining the website? And lastly, did you do it yourself or hire a website designer? I would not attemp to do one myself. I tell customers to please let the heating professional design their heating system...I think I would take my own advice on designing a website. Just curious if you hired someone to do it, what qualities did you look for in the person you hired? Nicely done,

Warm regards from chilly Fairbanks,
    Rocky
  • Jim Erhardt_3
    Jim Erhardt_3 Member Posts: 80
    Nice!

Jeff, the site looks good and provides just the right amount of info. Nice job!
  • ScottMP
    ScottMP Member Posts: 5,883
    Jeff

Very Very Very nice. Clean neat and easy to navigate.

I am a little disappointed I was not asked to give a testimonial with the oher big names :)

Scott

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Website

Our website brings in 50% of all customers. Finding a good web techie is half the battle. Don't hesitate...it's certainly the age of the internet.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Nice Job

Good job, Jeff. Premier workmaship. I'm revising my site as well and it takes sooooo long. I like the "Got Bad Radiant" section!
    Paul

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Thanks for the kind words.

I put a lot of thought into how I wanted it to look. My web guy, Jim at jx2tech.com, has been helping me since the first site back in '95. He does all of the layout and I add in the projects, referrals, blogs, etc.

It takes a lot of effort to maintain, but well worth the expense and time. With the way search engines work these days, you need to have activity on the site frequently so you stay relevant and near the front page. It was much easier when I first started the website to be noticed. Great, another skill set I don't have........

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Perry_5
    Perry_5 Member Posts: 141
    One problem...

It is a nice website - when viewed using Internet Explorer... However, I cannot see anything when using Firefox (othe than the coding - see below). While IE is the dominant program out there - a lot of people use Firefox, and there are a few other programs out there as well. I think you fill find the tech savy people who use the internet a lot tend towards Firefox.

I note that I am using Firefox to view and post on The Wall right now.

I am not sure how difficult it is to build a wesite that can be viewed by multiple programs; but, the vast majority of websites do it.

Perry

Note: Here is the start of what I see if I go to your site with Firefox - the html coding:

Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    Compression-Control: no-compress
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
    Set-Cookie: CMSPreferredCulture=en-US; expires=Thu, 17-Dec-2009 13:22:00 GMT; path=/
    Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=qpmxyoy5m55exm55qcyhgqer; path=/; HttpOnly
    Set-Cookie: CurrentVisitStatus=1; expires=Thu, 18-Dec-2008 12:22:00 GMT; path=/
    Set-Cookie: ViewMode=0; expires=Thu, 18-Dec-2008 13:22:00 GMT; path=/
    Cache-Control: private, no-store, must-revalidate
    Transfer-encoding: chunked

ae
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

2d7

• DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,586
    I think

you should focus more on benefits, Jeffrey. You've got lots of features on the site, but what's in it for the customer? For instance, in "Got Bad Radiant?" you're not telling me what happened afterwards. Were they more comfortable? How so? Did they save money on fuel? How much? What changed for them?

In your bio, you're talking about your skills and association memberships, but what benefit does that bring to the potential customer? What's in it for them? I don't think you should assume that they'll make the connection. The reader probably isn't familiar with R.P.A., Uponor or Taco.

Under projects, I wouldn't use the last names without placing Mr. or Mrs. or Ms. in front of the name, or "Residence" after the name. It seems disrespectful.

In your blog, you're using the sub-header, "The daily trials and tribulations of radiant heat and Climatec Advanced Heating Technologies." I would change this to, "All about my now-comfortable customers!" Look up "tribulations" and you'll see why I suggest this.

Also, the grammar needs fixing in a few places.

Hope that helps.

Retired and loving it.
  • steve_194
    steve_194 Member Posts: 1

I have no trouble viewing your site with Firefox version 3.0.4.
  • heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Thanks, Dan.

Like I said, I skill set I don't have. :-0 I will try to focus on more benefits.

• Mad Dog_2
    Mad Dog_2 Member Posts: 7,406
    Outstanding Young JeffreY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First-class - like your work. I have been upgrading ours recently..adding new sections, revising, revamping...gotta do that from time to time. I personally didn't have any problems browsing thru the site. Mad Dog

• Mad Dog_2
    I had Dan go through mine a few times

He's a great critic. I used to have ALOT more sounds, and scaled that back. Yes, Jeffrey, we sometimes don't realize that average folks don't "get" us when we talk trade. Dan told me that too: You have to boil it down for their level of understanding.. I still remember "selling to selfish people." Exactly, what's in it for them. That is why on each section of our site, I tried to boil it down to what THEY would grasp and find interesting AND HOW it would benefit THEM: comfort, peace of mind...and the biggest of all: SAVINGS!!!!!!!!! Great work....you just need to tweak it up. Mad Dog

• Mad Dog_2
    I REALLY push for testimonials too!!!!

People LOVE that...it REALLY helps them make the leap sometimes.....We have had fence sitters sometimes see a testimonial from someone they know and it clinches the deal. Some of these testimonials have taken me a few years to get. You do the job, they wanna see how well it works.... a few seasons go by, they get busy...you get busy...and all of a sudden you think of them,,,do a follow call and get THAT testimonial complete with fuel savings!!! Mad Dog

• Noel Kelly_3
    Noel Kelly_3 Member Posts: 43
    I love the child's feet...

...but apart from that, it looks generic.

Sorry if this seems critical Jeff but I know from past years that you are far from being generic.

Your homepage should start with you! Put yourself up front because that is all you have to offer. When someone visits your site for the first time they should see you and not some stock photos. The Homepage sets the tone and the visitor will respond accordingly.

Give your visitors a reason to delve deeper - Me! I am what I do!
  • Dobber
    Dobber Member Posts: 91
    Very nice site

For your job photos, is it possible to set-up a slide show per job.

Again, very nice
    Dobber

This discussion has been closed.