Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Comments on \"The Pump Book\"

Looks good just hard to read the pump curve chart on page 21, maybe they could seperate the chart into 3 charts one for each line of pumps?
Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating

Comments

• D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,872
    from link from Building Science

It's by Hendry Clifford. Interested to hear any thoughts on this booklet. (See attachment)

Thanks,

David
  • bob_46
    bob_46 Member Posts: 813
    Page 21

The best thing on page 21 is the beautiful B&G 100 curve. Dave, have you checked out B&G's Syzer?...bob

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• realolman
    realolman Member Posts: 513
    I downloaded

this booklet and read it. I liked it, but a question remains in my mind.... What are the consequenses of having an oversized pump? I guess I can see why you wouldn't want an undersized pump, but I'm not seeing any major problem with an oversized. Electricity use???
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,872
    system syzer

yes, bob thanks, but it's only for windows computers unfortunately, but I did download their instruction manual.

As to the other question raised on oversized pumps, from what I've gathered at this site, it's not only electricity use, but system efficiency, and possibly pipe velocity noise and wear and tear. If you're getting 4gpm through a zone that is best served by 2gpm, fuel is being wasted..Of course most contractors I've ever ran into really don't bother to measure head or calc Delta T. They just use the circ that's been most reliable for them. The Taco site's video on variable speed pumping is very helpful.

Thanks,

David
This discussion has been closed.