Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ISH 2009

Options
Derheatmeister
Derheatmeister Member Posts: 1,548
Come on Buddy let's go!

Still some seats on that Plane ! Direct Flt from DIA to Frankfurt.

Comments

• Derheatmeister
    Options
    ISH 2009

Just made reservations for the ISH next year

Direct Flt from Denver to Frankfurt on Lufthansa = $659.00

Multi day ISH tickets: = $57.46

Car rental from 3/9 to 3/18 = $406.63

Total $ 1123.09 OR Priceless

Can't wait,I am all excited.. :-) hope to see ya at the ISH

Der Heatmeister
  • Home Depot Employee
    Options

I plan on this being my 3rd visit and I am always amazed by the booths and equipment. Side trip to Denmark for Grundfos was great fun too. If given the chance, try to make it to Buderus and Viessmann, Viessmann distribution is like no other.
  • Dave Stroman
    Dave Stroman Member Posts: 765
    Options

Hey Heatmeister! How ya' doin'? You would be a great one to go to ISH with. Do you know your way around the area?

Dave Stroman

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Derheatmeister
    Options

Ja das will be good, It's been a while that I've visited Frankfurt but the Deutsche sprache(German) is still working good. and i will have a GPS in the car so i do not get lost on the way to Sachsenhausen or maybe like Homer said:Viessmann Werke
  • Derheatmeister
    Options

Hey "Home depot Employee" Hope to see you there and put a face with the Name.

I have seen you on the wall for a while now!
    I hope you do not mind me shortening your name to "Homer" :-) ?
  • Home Depot Employee
    Options

How about a Hefeweisen at the Buderus Booth?

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Now THAT would be the trip of a lifetime...

Visiting ISH and Germany with a German/ English speaking German/American in the hydronics business. Maybe you should start your own tour Richard. The Heatmeister Tour, as sponsored by Viessmann or some such.

ME

• Radman
    Radman Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Get me a seat on the plane, I'm in!

Yes Richard! To Frankfurt we go!
    The CO contingent in full force, maybe we can get Easy E on the plane too!

• Tombig_2
    Tombig_2 Member Posts: 231
    Options
    Franfurt

I have relatives there and this is sounding all too tempting to resist.
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Unfortunately...

I've already made a commitment to teach in Joisey the same week that ISH is going on.

Maybe next time pal.

Take lots of pictures.

ME

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Derheatmeister
    Options

I was going to stay with my sister( She lives in Usingen about 1/2 hr from Frankfurt) ....

But I've Changed my mind now, Bo the Radman is in, he just made reservations so i will start looking for Vacancy maybe in Bad Homburg or somewere near the Big F (Frankfurt).

It gets cheaper away from Frankfurt and public transportation is great, also when you buy a ISH Messe Multi day ticket the Public transportation in and around Frankfurt is included.

I will start looking for Rooms soon..

Richard.
  • Radman
    Radman Member Posts: 75
    Options
    Fortunately...

you have a valid excuse. Richad & I activated the "phone chain". I was going to have Ellen & HR work you over to go. I suppose you are off the hook, but you WILL be missed. The CO guys will raise one to you at a break in the show. Say Hi to my dad if he catches you again whilst in Jersey.
    Bo

• Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,656
    Options
    Expedia

Richard, rooms at the Topas, right across from the train station, cost about $200. per day. Unusual to have any rooms available in Frankfurt during ISH. Expedia shows the range of date availability and costs. Dan Foley and I are thinking of making the pilgrimage. I haven't been since '01, and would like to see the latest and greatest.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • Home Depot Employee
    Options

Heidlberg usually has rooms (marriott there also) you can get to show by high speed train 45-55 minute ride.

Heidlberg has nice shopping & better site seeing than Frankfurt
  • Ruthe Jubinville_2
    Ruthe Jubinville_2 Member Posts: 674
    Options
    wish I had an excuse to go again

Jerry and I went in 1999 and 2001. It is awesome and a priceless experience. Have a great time guys Ruthe
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,539
    Options
    That area at night

is very scary.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Derheatmeister
    Options

Dan,which area is that? and will you be at the ISH too?
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    Frankfurt central

Right around the main train station. It's fine during the day, but it's the red-light district and it gets crazy at night. There are very aggressive hookers on the street and lots of screaming people. We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel a number of times when we first started going in 1991. You have to walk through this area to get to the hotel. There were people shooting drugs right on the sidewalk. Not a cop to be found. It was like the Wild West.

We stay out of town now. You can ride the trains for free with your ISH ticket.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Derheatmeister
    Options

Back in the 80 to the 90ties they were handing out Neededs to keep the S.T.D down and Frankfurt was Pretty bad..

Hope the "Spineless Jellyfish" have disappeared and this has Changed..

Were are you Staying?
  • DanHolohan
    Options
    We're bringing a group of 32

from NAOHSM and we're all staying in Wiesbaden this time. We've stayed at the Sheraton in Offenbach two other times and that was very convenient. The subway was right in front of that hotel.
    Retired and loving it.
  • Stop by for a beer!

I'll be working the WILO booth again this year as the token english guy :-)

If any of you are still having problems with hotels etc, let me know and I'll get our folks overseas to check if and what is still available.

Also, consider this an open invitation to all of the Wallies attending ISH to stop by our booth for free beer(s) and see some new (and I mean NEW) stuff. I'll take you on a personal tour, speaking english and USGPMs.

Even better, perhaps we can do dinner somoewhere!

Hope to see you there...
  • Derheatmeister
    Options
    re:Colorado Contingent

Hi Steve,

Count on us from Colorado showing up and taking you up on the beer. As a distributor (Low Energy Systems) we are very excited with the Wilo product and can't wait to see possible new products available to us.

Easy E ( Low Energy Systems) aka Mr. Anderson/NEOS
  • Derheatmeister at ISH

Excellent - see you there!

Bring photos of your heating trailer - our folks will love it!
  • Derheatmeister
    Options
    Bump

We "The Coloradiants" will be 6 so far we are staying in Usingen a medium sized town with good access to the "Bahn" (trains).we also have one Sprinter so we can visit Viessmann and some of the other great company's..
  • Ricopp
    Ricopp Member Posts: 25
    Options

Thanks for the "bump" my friend, now we see some of the folks attending the show.
    I am so very fortunate to have been invited to the ISH by a manufacturer, who will cover all accommodations & costs. I don't have any details on the itinerary yet so where I'll be on any given day is unknown, but it would be nice to have some beers with some other "Wallies" for sure!
    Cheers - RH
  • Derheatmeister
    Options

Is this Rick from the big F?
  • Ricopp
    Ricopp Member Posts: 25
    Options
    Nope, I'm in the big "C" ... the place where all your frigid weather has been coming from lately ;) ... Canada
This discussion has been closed.