Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Geothermal

Options
I just finished installing a

Comments

• Geothermal

I just finished installing a Geothermal unit in my house, replacing the oil unit. I finished just before thanksgiving day. I dont know why she gets so pissed with me.
    TONY
  • joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    Options
    geo

Who's geo did you use?
    pump and dump?
    direct exchange?
    vert loop?

does the navien unit heat the water up the rest of the way since most geo won't go over 120f
  • Climatemaster

pump and dump I live in a valley aside of a stream, Have plenty of water with stream discharge. Radiant heat runs 120 max and Navien is backup for the solar, domestic only.
    TONY
  • John Vastyan
    John Vastyan Member Posts: 14
    Options
    Please call or email

Hi, Tony.

Looks like a gorgeous job. I'd like to write about your system for PM magazine, Contractor of Phc News and could get a professional shooter in there to do some photos to add to those you have; ClimateMaster will pay for that.

Best regards -

John Vastyan
    717/664-0535
    cground@ptd.net
    www.seekcg.com

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• A.J.
    A.J. Member Posts: 257
    Options
    Looks great

Tony we have a job starting to go in right know ans I was just wondering if the boiler is doing any aux. load and if so how is it tied into the system?
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Geothermal radiant

I guess I should post pictures of what I do. Tony has everyting there as I said on another thread. We have had a five ton geo-radiant funning in Ohio for 2 years. Water does not care how it gets hot.

Tony what are you using for heat emitters?
  • No boiler A.J.

The Navien in the picture is a condensing tankless water heater for domestic only. I put that in about 4 months ago to test it before I would sell them. So far it has worked very well. The bucket below it is to catch condensate so I can see how much it produces. You Know, one of those "temporary devices" that adorn every mechanics home. It blends in well with the uncovered electrical boxes and the unstrapped wires.
    I used a 40 gal solar tank as my buffer tank and the outdoor reset is in the buffer,tekmar 256, so it makes an ideal place to connect aux supplies.Solar , wood boiler, ect.
    TONY
  • Here are some pics

Remeber Mark this radiant I installed 16 years ago. I still didnt trust that pex completely. My 8x10 mechanical room has been a test bed for just about everything. So no laughing.
  • I will call you

Mon John, Thanks.
    TONY
  • Mark Custis
    Mark Custis Member Posts: 539
    Options
    Retirement in the basement.

Nice. DO NOT give out your address or you may end up learning to use pex, even with scrap metal prices down. Nothing wrong with that manifold I have a few like that out there myself.

I love that heat pump. The one we did uses a radiant floor configuration in a very large pond. Piped to the building in 1 1/4 pex-al-pex. Tied it too a high mass concrete floor. Pulled the power to the buffering tank as we do not need the auxillary.

Whet standard velosity off an AH for cooling. I am looking for full port zone valves for auto change over from heating to cooling.
This discussion has been closed.