Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

where am I gonna find?

Where will I find thos Bonesy people at the AHR show in Chicago, next monday? Know about the Taco.. Any others?

Comments

• Bruce Wesley
    Bruce Wesley Member Posts: 1
    Replace or repair old radiators

I have an old Victorian built in 1880 here in Chicago. Due to a financial dispute, the Gas Meter was taken out during the dead of winter, when the temps hit -18 degrees. We immediately left water trickling in all areas of the house to avoid freezing pipes. We forgot about the water pressure in the radiators. The next day when the temps hit record lows, about 7 of these cast iron steel radiators had busted and black soot was everywhere. We immediately called our plumber, who turned off all the water to the house and drained all the toilets too.

The gas has been turned back on, the water remains off, therefore the heat is still off. What want to keep radiators in our home, it adds to the Vintage look of the time. What should we do? Can these radiator be repaired or is it even worth it? Can you reccomend a reilable local source for replacing these. Our furnace is hot-water and was working pretty good until this happened.
  • J.C.A._3
    J.C.A._3 Member Posts: 2,980
    Currently....

The price of eggs in Guatemala is about 1.55/doz. in U.S. currency. Chris
This discussion has been closed.