Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Steam guy does Viessmann

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,799
Great job!

We use the 1/4 turn boiler drains these days, but the old globes do just fine of course.

What do all of the Wirsbo relays do? Just curious why you need all of those trannys. I'm not familiar with Wirsbo, so please fill me in.

Gary

<A HREF="http://www.heatinghelp.com/getListed.cfm?id=368&Step=30">To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"</A>
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• George_40
    George_40 Member Posts: 13
    Steam guy does 1st Viessmann

Hello All! (Wall)

Its been a while.

Well this steam guy just got his first residential Viessmann install under his belt.

This is a Vitodens 200 (WB2-8-32) and a Vitocell V-300 I did 5 zones of in-floor radiant and left another for the future (basement).

I used all wirsbo control modules w/thermal actuators and t-stats.

I must say the install was quite a challenge. I started it up late yesterday but never set the clock. The homeowner got a biiig surprise this morning when taking the first shower and the water ran cold after 5 minutes OPPS!

There is still a fair amount of buttoning up to do on my wiring side of things but the floors are warm and its makin' great hot water now (correct time and all....lol)

I probably broke every radiant/Viessmann rule but it works!

I'm open for suggestions as to improve, simplify or reduce costs.

Whatdayatink?

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Paul Pollets
    Paul Pollets Member Posts: 3,661
    Nice!

Looks good, Robert. Clean install and easy to service.

I like to leave the boiler drain in the LLH and connect the expansion tank to the boiler piping, but what the hey.

Since sediment can accumulate at the bottom of the LLH, I like the ability to clean it or take the pressure off the system and drain it, if ever required.

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"
  • George_40
    Paul....

I flushed the system really well before start up and thought about placement of the tank/or drain and it just seemed practical this way. I guess the "if ever required" will be left to someone else cursing me out when servicing it. Thanks for the kind words.

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • George_40
    Gary

I've been sitting on three cases of boiler drains just lookin' for a home. As for the control modules and actuators, the customer wanted complete control over every room in the house so far there are 11 t-stats.

Thanks for the kind words!

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • bob young
    bob young Member Posts: 2,177
    nice neat job. bravo

• joel_19
    joel_19 Member Posts: 931
    V

Nice neat looking job if looking to value engineer you could loose those temp gauges as they do add up and the V system sensors let you read what's going on. i give people the option of a less exspensive water heater. Love the Verticell but it is a big jump.
  • heatboy_8
    heatboy_8 Member Posts: 7
    Very Nice.

The Vitodens is a quality machine and deserves a quality install. You have accomplished that admirably, Robert. I love the wire duct and how it all lays out. I can tell you knew what it was going to look like before you ever started.

The Vitocell 300 is also a great addition. Any other tank, even the 100, does a disservice to the overall efficiency of the Vitodens 200.

hb
  • George_40
    Thanks!

I appreciate everyone's comments. Thanks should go to our host for providing us with this great outlet to share.

God Bless!

Robert O'Connor/NJ
  • Tony_42
    Tony_42 Member Posts: 37
    I didn't see the fire extinguisher?

How are you supposed to put the fire out?
This discussion has been closed.