Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Navien On Demand Water Heater for Radiant Source

in my own home after seeing it at a counter day. It has worked flawlessly so far.(4 or 5 months)When they had the counter day they were showing another device that works with the unit.I think it was called the heat box or something and it was made by navien for exactly what you want to do. But everytime I go to Naviens web site they still dont have it finished. Which has really left me not pushing their product yet. I just hope that when I need parts it doesnt take me as long to get them as it does for them to finish their website.
TONY

Comments

• tberry
    tberry Member Posts: 1
    Navien On Demand water heater for a Radiant Floor heat Source

Does anyone have experience with the Navien On Demand Water Heater being used as a heat source. 96-98% efficient, .1 gpm low flow, 150,000 input btu. I know folks are into boilers with adjusted firing and mixing valves, and the Polaris water heater is also popular, but the Navien is cheap and has a good warrentee, has remote control and output temp settings that go as low as 95 degrees.
  • TimS
    TimS Member Posts: 82
    go mod/con boiler

this navien is still new here locally so i have not serviced any yet (thats a good sign) of most other tankless water heaters it may be a good choice . MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE IS TO USE A GOOD MOD /CON BOILER .
    my RANT on tankless in general
    i have serviced other tankless water heaters used for heating most all the problems are installation issues, occasionally i hear a customer will give up and replace the tankless for a boiler i never saw one of those installs.
  • Eric_45
    Eric_45 Member Posts: 2
    Navien

Here in the Northwest we have been selling the Navien/Heatbox for the past 3 years. My branch in Everett has sold approx 100+ open loop and 40+ closed loop units. Circulators are currently Armstrong E9B and are noisy. Don't install near bedrooms! The open loop units have had small issues with expansion tanks failing. To my surprise and approval they have omitted these on new open loop boxes. They have been OK on getting parts. They never charge us or ask for warranty paperwork. Navien water heaters are worth the investment as long as installer are somewhat tech savvy. Pressure drops across the heat exchanger show 28'HD at 4GPM. That's double that of Rinnai. Need to have good city pressure or constant pressure system from wells. Don't use with pressure switches.
This discussion has been closed.