Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Work in progress

Chips
Chips Member Posts: 33
This was the old boiler

Comments

• Chips

With lots of help from many of you at this site, Dan’s books and Glenn S., this is what we came up with. Dual MegAsteamers controlled with Vaporstats, main boiler set at 12oz. secondary boiler set at 8oz. One problem I’m having is that the boilers are controlled with Hydrolevel 450 cycle guards and it is taking to long for the system to build any pressure. When the secondary boiler shuts down the system goes into a vacuum and the main boiler has a hard time holding any pressure. Would it make any sense to install a vacuum relief value some where? Please keep in mind that I am the building owner and not a pro and live in rural Alaska, and believe me, I have gained a new respect for those of you that do this for a living.
    I am looking forward to your comments and suggestions. Chips
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

WOW!

That is probably the baddest arsed install of a dual steamer that I've ever seen. I am jealous!!

That is fantastic!!

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• hvacfreak
    hvacfreak Member Posts: 439
    I agree

That is some nice looking work. I too have questioned the Hydrolevel controller...it shuts the burner down to " check " when the system needs to be heating water. I still say that a mechanical lwco is the way to go , for this dual boiler system it ( they ) may be essential.
  • Chips

Norm, you mentioned in a earlier thread that there is a way to wire around the cycle guard fetcher of the 450. Would you e-mail that to me? I would like to try it before I order new controllers. Thanks Chips
  • dual steamers

could something like this work to keep the waterlevel up in the absence of the troublesome hydro levels ?--nbc

http://forums.invision.net/Thread.cfm?CFApp=2&&Message_ID=420500&_#Message420500
  • Norm Harvey
    Norm Harvey Member Posts: 684

OH! Chips I'm sorry I completely forgot! I'll get that to you

To Learn More About This Professional, Click Here to Visit Their Ad in "Find A Professional"

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Chips
    update

See 50%savings with Dual MegAsteamers thread.
    Chips
This discussion has been closed.